This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Doom 4 news?!

#1SunDevil77Posted 4/3/2013 8:40:37 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/04/doom-4-reportedly-planned-for-next-gen-rage-2-canceled

:o

It sucks that Rage 2 wont be able to improve on all the gripes of the first, it could have been awesome...but next gen Doom 4 = <3
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#2Rome218Posted 4/3/2013 8:42:56 PM
Woo! Can't wait. =)

Maybe I should give RAGE another chance. I think it was the driving segments that turned me away from it.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#3shawnmckPosted 4/3/2013 8:58:19 PM(edited)
Rage was a good game, but clearly rushed out the door.
Even an Id employee said as much, and said that there was more that they wanted to do with the game and more content they wanted to add, but that Bethesda wanted them to just ship the game.
Which was Rage's real problem...it just all fell apart towards the end.
Had Id been given more time to finish it, Rage could've been excellent.

The racing segments were a poor choice, and didn't need to be there.
The driving sections in between missions & towns were great, but the actual racing...not so much.

It's too bad too, because I would have liked to play Rage 2.
Maybe it could've finished up where the first left off...as it felt so unfinished.
#4Allaster111Posted 4/3/2013 11:22:02 PM
“An earlier version of Doom 4 did not exhibit the quality and excitement that Id and Bethesda intend to deliver and that Doom fans worldwide expect,” Bethesda's VP of marketing and public relations Pete Hines told Kotaku.

That doesn't sound good. But at least they were able to see that it was crap. Props to them for having the guts to stop and reboot development instead of just churning it out and riding the Doom brand name.
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 4/3/2013 11:29:47 PM
RAGE 2 cancelled? Good.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#6knightimexPosted 4/4/2013 12:17:25 AM
Awesome!

Now i'll need a $3,000 pc just to play on low settings @ 30fps!~!!!!!!!!
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
#7Dagoth_WitPosted 4/4/2013 1:52:09 AM
knightimex posted...
Awesome!

Now i'll need a $3,000 pc just to play on low settings @ 30fps!~!!!!!!!!

sigh...no.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.