This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what's your plan for the next generation?

#1y000012500Posted 4/3/2013 10:49:38 PM
Hopefully I can get some PS3ian's to join in on this too.
By the topic, I mean, what console are you planning to subscribe too? Pick up the 3rd Party multi-plat games for?

Personally, at the moment I have all three current gen consoles. I got a 360 2 years before I got a PS3, when the 360 first came out. Even when I got a PS3, the 360 was still just on the same level, and even better than the PS3 in certain aspects. A better Dashboard, better social features, achievements. This gen, the 360 got me early with Achievements. Why should I have bothered with PS3 when 360 has little bonus objectives that the PS3 didn't? Then by the time PS3 did get achievements, all of the Current Gen IP's with sequels coming out, I already had 360 saves for. Pretty much, I was a staple 360 player. It would just be weird switching to PS3 as a main console.

But the PS3 has improved so much since it's launch. It definitely has better exclusives. They give you a bunch of free games for paying less than the amount that you pay for XBL. For the past couple of years, they've had better preorder bonuses(Though, Avatars still > Home). The XML screen still sucks, and it's network capabilities still seem worse to me. But it does have trophys. I mean, hopefully the PS4 will fix the XML problem with whatever it's going to use, and up it's network capabilities. They better if they want to use Share properly. I still don't think the PS3 has cross game chat? Or even in game private chat?

But yeah, so with the PS4 probably beating the 720 to market, I don't really know how the 720 is going to get me to use it as their main console. They would at the very least need to rethink XBL. I recently dropped it because I don't play online that much anymore, only to realize that it wouldn't even let me buy certain DLC from Dead Space 3 unless I was a Gold Member!

So yeah, anyone thinking like wise? Or what's your opinion?
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 4/3/2013 10:50:59 PM
I will wait a year or two to fins out which system has better games.
---
BioWare can't do romances. They can do fan fiction well though.
#3y000012500(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 10:54:18 PM
Why would the 720 have better games? Halo is the only series on my shelf that is exclusive anymore. And Gears.

Though, that's a non factor for me really. I will be getting both, and a Wii U, it's just a matter of which console I'll play the multiplatform games on.
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 4/3/2013 10:58:08 PM
Why would the 720 have better games? Halo is the only series on my shelf that is exclusive anymore. And Gears.

Though, that's a non factor for me really. I will be getting both, and a Wii U, it's just a matter of which console I'll play the multiplatform games on.

It's not as if Sony has Metal Gear anymore so what are they worth? I'll wait but for the looks of it I might become a PS4 gamer because Microsoft seems to be leaving the actual gaming market behind in favour of casual rubbish.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#5y000012500(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 11:05:08 PM
Considering my Gameshelf for PS3 is solely exclusives...
God of War, Disgaea, Tales, Little Big Planet, Sony All Stars, many more RPGs.

Also, this just came into my twitter feed as I posted this topic:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/03/game-scoop-will-the-next-xbox-be-sold-in-japan?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Mainly focused on Xbox not being in Japan, but they're talking about similar subject matter. Like how Xbox bought exclusives early on.

So yeah, I haven't heard too much on Durango. Are they planning on going more casual? I heard of mandatory Kinect, but that's not a bad thing that instantly screams casual. Wii U has mandatory 2nd Screen.
#6DarkSymbiotePosted 4/3/2013 11:06:22 PM
If the next Xbox won't be in Japan then I won't bother with it since that means less Japanese developers working on it.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#7BrutalBrockenPosted 4/3/2013 11:11:33 PM
I buy every console, but we'll see which I main. I agree about 360 hooking me early with achievements. Sadly enough when I look to buy older PS3 games I double check to make sure it has trophies. Its an addicting habit I need to break. Why do i care about achievements/trophies!!??
Back on topic, ill play whichever has better games
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#8PokenubPosted 4/3/2013 11:12:19 PM
Steam's console. M$ screws over Australians too much for me to care about them any more.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#9Deathx113Posted 4/4/2013 4:29:44 AM
Same as always, take over the world!
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#10XenobowPosted 4/4/2013 5:01:46 AM
Getting the console that has better JRPGs.