This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any examples of games that...

#11Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 8:27:19 AM
Aren't reviews tainted by the vile game journalism industry?
---
Every post I make is with integrity and sincerity. I'm pretty sure you're the troll, not me.
#12MR_SorenPosted 4/4/2013 8:35:24 AM
Radiant Silvergun is the first game I thought of as well.

The demo just wasn't very interesting, and failed to let the game shine. Should have been from the beginning up through the blue ship at the end of the second stage, and it should have explained the weapon leveling.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
Blog: http://www.red-grenade.com
#13FTWWholeFnShowPosted 4/4/2013 9:23:00 AM
Blue Dragon... Demo sucked balls, full game genius :)
---
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/-XBL: Bennyhanna79
Women & their relationship "games" piss me off ><
#14PokenubPosted 4/4/2013 9:30:32 AM
Well, Mark of the Ninja Demo was entertaining, but didn't give you access to most of the stuff, which once you get the full game, it's even more fun.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#15Dragon NexusPosted 4/4/2013 9:48:33 AM
Blue Dragon... Demo sucked balls, full game genius :)

Didn't the demo include spoilers?

It also plonked you in something like a level 55 area with level 50 characters and bare bones Dragon abilities because it assumed level was more important than Dragon Level.
If you've played Final Fantasy 5, you'll understand. Imagine getting to a dungeon half way through without ever levelling up any of your jobs.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#16TheBlueStigPosted 4/4/2013 9:54:48 AM
Kingdoms of Amalur.

The demo was time-limited to 45 minutes, only showed the initial 2 areas of the game, had most of the skills locked at level 4, and was badly bugged up.

As a result all the fanboys from other RPG bashed the crap out of the game for not having enough variance in the level design, being buggy, not having multiplayer, etc etc etc.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#17troyplokhooyPosted 4/4/2013 11:41:04 AM
Probably Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for me.

As far as demos that don't demonstrate the game well, I'd have to say Brutal Legend. The game was awesome, but so many people were probably going into it thinking it was just a hack n' slash.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
#18Res5Posted 4/4/2013 12:03:37 PM
troyplokhooy posted...
Probably Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for me.

As far as demos that don't demonstrate the game well, I'd have to say Brutal Legend. The game was awesome, but so many people were probably going into it thinking it was just a hack n' slash.

As much as I love Lords of Shadow I gotta agree with that demo. The demo was both over and underwhelming. Overwhelming because DAT FIRST LEVEL. It was probably one of the most atmospheric first levels of all time. Underwhelming because it still felt like generic hack'n'slash in a lot of ways too.

I know I certainly went into Brutal Legend thinking it was a hack'n'slash. That soundtrack was awesome though. That game introduced me to a couple of my current favorite bands: Skeletonwitch and Iced Earth.
---
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com
#19WiiLover94Posted 4/4/2013 12:15:54 PM
The demo for the original Dead Rising. It was years after its initial release, I had never seen a single trailer nor heard anything about the game. I thought at the time that the entire game was relegated to Paradise Plaza, that Frank West was a slow, weak character with a s***** back-story, and that the concept of breakable weapons in a 3D game was idiotic. A few months later I was in a Gamestop with a zombie itch, saw it on the shelf for $10 and decided to pick it up. It has become my favorite 360 game ever since.
---
"He never saw Molly again."
XBL GT: Hellcamino420 - Currently Replaying: Batman: Arkham City / Bayonetta
#20richboy900Posted 4/4/2013 12:29:53 PM
Battlefield bad co 2, the demo was really glitchy. I loved the full game though and a lot of the bugs were sorted. One of my friends fell through the ground in the demo lol. Still one of my most played games this gen.