This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamestop price gouging

#1BuyersRemorse55Posted 4/4/2013 7:19:32 AM
Dead Space has been $20 or less for a while now. Now I see its up to $30 just cause part 3 came out recently.
#2glassghost0Posted 4/4/2013 7:20:59 AM
No, it's because it's harder to come by. I haven't seen a non platinum hits version in years
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3secondhand1Posted 4/4/2013 7:21:42 AM
I'm pretty sure you don't understand what price gouging is.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#4BuyersRemorse55(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 7:22:17 AM
glassghost0 posted...
No, it's because it's harder to come by. I haven't seen a non platinum hits version in years

Boulderdash, I've seen it plenty of times about the last couple years.
#5FredSavage27Posted 4/4/2013 7:22:23 AM
Maybe you should have bought it before a sequel increased the demand. Or if it's just GameStop, buy it somewhere else.
#6Rome218Posted 4/4/2013 7:24:19 AM
This isn't the first time I've seen them do it. It makes me upset because I think: I should have bought it when it was 10 dollars.

I cannot remember the name of the games, but I remember asking the clerk why the price went up and he said demand or something.

They are a business, of course they will try to make money out of a game if is harder to come by and the popularity is going back up.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#7BuyersRemorse55(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 7:36:13 AM
FredSavage27 posted...
Maybe you should have bought it before a sequel increased the demand. Or if it's just GameStop, buy it somewhere else.

You maybe be right. I also recollect Mass Effect 1 going up in price past the $20 mark it had been at for a few years when ME3 came out. Luckily though ME1 is for retail at a lot more stores and was easily buyable for $20 at Target, Walmart and Kmart, even though Gamestop had the same version for $30 new and was selling used for the good old $3 dolla discount at $27.
#8BigReedPosted 4/4/2013 7:47:59 AM
People really do look for reasons to hate gamestop.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#9kingbahamut83Posted 4/4/2013 8:17:57 AM
Ultimate alliance gold edition is harder to find. I had it, traded it, and went to buy it again (regrettable trade), now its 30 bucks. Popularity was the reason I was given.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
The R in my tag is apparently invisible in COD to everyone.
#10Rome218Posted 4/4/2013 8:20:03 AM
lol I love your name buyersremorse. >_<

I forgot what thread people were arguing about, I think it was GOW:J. Someone made a thread asking if people have buyers remorse. You came in and said nope.

He then quoted you and said your name is telling him different. It made me lol. :P
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES