This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

20 + Years of Gaming could be coming to an End for ME ???

#41WinternovaPosted 4/5/2013 6:42:26 AM
RKOMe2011 posted...
It isnt about Gaming anymore they arent even Gaming consoles anymore they are an Entertainment Device & pretty soon Gaming will be Scattered through the winds & cease to be non realevent.

Video gaming ceased to be non-relevant back in the 1970s.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#42reincarnator07Posted 4/5/2013 6:55:49 AM
So because the new xbox is heavily rumoured to be online only, you're quitting gaming? PS4 will be just as powerful, if not more so, and will likely be priced similarly. Sony isn't stupid enough to do $599 again. It will get the majority of the games the xbox will.

You're also forgetting the PC, which contrary to popular belief doesn't require $3,000 and monthly upgrades.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#43RKOMe2011(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 7:38:30 AM
I said 20+ years could be coming to an END for me, I didnt say that I was quiting gaming altogether, like with the WII U, I dont know of many games going on it, with may compainies not even making anything for it , & the rest of them are completely ignoring the Wii U. & Not making ports of their games such as Bioshock Infinite.

Dont know what the Playstation 4s Launch Price will be but I bet good money it will be over 599. considering the Playstation 3 was 600+ at its launch.

I am not worried about upgrading my TV as mine is full 1080p using an HDMI cable so my TV should be able to run either the Playstation 4 or the Wii U.

So it looks like I will be indeed going Playstation 4 & Wii U. But thankfully I am not ready to move to Gen 8 cause of many of these games will indeed be on ALL CONSOLES.

Until they stop doing that process, I see no reasons for me to move on to Gen 8 consoles, when everything is just about DUAL anymore such as BattleField 4 to WWE 2K14.

Also I have me 2 Portables with the 3DS & The PS Vita so I may just stick with what I own for a couple of more years until Generation 8 consoles get more stable, better pricing that would be more affordable and a better library of games.

I may just upgrade my current consoles to brand new ones being a Slim 360 with a 250 HD and my PS3 Fat Model to a Super Slim 500 HD either being God of War Red or the new White Super Slim models unknown.

For now I dont see me making the switch until 2015, Microsoft says for me to DEAL WITH IT huh, how about I deal with it like this Microsoft, PLAYSTATION 4, and WII U.

At least they dont have ALWAYS ONLINE REQUIRED, Consider your selves to become the next DREAMCAST, and Mirosoft will become EXTINCT by the year 2017.

They will become the next SEGA. but they are morons out there who will buy anything no matter the restrictions, price or other details on them. Cause they are morons. And cause of Morons like those Microsoft will always be around.

Well guess I am going Wii U, and Playstation 4 but not until 2015. Have fun with ALWAYS ONLINE, also if your connection disconnects you will be unable to play the DURRANGO.
#44RocketdotPosted 4/5/2013 8:01:58 AM(edited)
RKOMe2011 posted...
I guess I will not be getting Generation 8 & This will mark my final Generation with my Historic 20 Years of Gaming now coming to a grinding Halt.

Thanks Microsoft for ruining & making this my LAST GENERATION.

RKOMe2011 posted...
I said 20+ years could be coming to an END for me, I didnt say that I was quiting gaming altogether...

Your historic 20 years of gaming is coming to a grinding halt, it could be coming to an end, but you're not quitting.

Uh, what? You'll stop gaming but you won't be quitting? All because one console is rumored to have a terrible feature? Please go on.
#45greensacsPosted 4/5/2013 8:01:58 AM
I'm been gaming since Atari days and have owned just about every console made. Jaguar? Yep. 3DO? Yep. Virtual Boy? Yep. And I am too looking at this Gen like WTF but I just made up my mind if the nextbox is what it sounds like I'm just going to build a gaming rig. I have my WiiU for the Nintendo games and just PC it up.

The PS4 does sound good but I lost a lot of appeal towards it with PS3. I love my Vita but the PS3 lost me. Had 3 and sold them after my time with MLB the Show every year.

I guess what I am trying to say is I will be damned if I walk away from my lifetime hobby because a corporation makes dumb choices. I will just find an alternative and give the middle finger to the corporation.
---
360 GT-TedNugent NRA Vita-iVitaKid
WiiU- Daddy_Kong
#46JustaGamer2_0Posted 4/5/2013 8:04:15 AM
Here's how I'm "Dealing with it". I'm not buying one, period. I'll stick with PS4 next gen. Microsoft, "Deal with it" yourselves. And last gen I bought three 360s (two of which failed) + kinnect.

And yes, I do have pretty reliable broadband. But it still goes down at times. And even if it didn't, making it impossible to play a game you've paid $60 for if your internet is not working is just plain wrong. One should have nothing to do with the other.

Not that it matters. XBox stopped being a true games machine a few years ago, save for ongoing Halo and Gears sequels. The rest is all on PS3 as well. Next gen, they just want to own the living room with their fancy, always-connected magic TV services box. And so I'll take PS4 and enjoy all the unique games that will come with it.
#47AWarAmp84Posted 4/5/2013 8:12:49 AM
Rocketdot posted...
RKOMe2011 posted...
I guess I will not be getting Generation 8 & This will mark my final Generation with my Historic 20 Years of Gaming now coming to a grinding Halt.

Thanks Microsoft for ruining & making this my LAST GENERATION.

RKOMe2011 posted...
I said 20+ years could be coming to an END for me, I didnt say that I was quiting gaming altogether...

Your historic 20 years of gaming is coming to a grinding halt, it could be coming to an end, but you're not quitting.

Uh, what? You'll stop gaming but you won't be quitting? All because one console is rumored to have a terrible feature? Please go on.

This. If you're this dramatic about videogames I'd hate to see how you get when McDonalds forgets to put pickles on your Big Mac.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#48RKOMe2011(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 10:53:23 AM
I am going to do like all of you are going Wii U, Playstation 4 and give Xbox the Big Middle Finger DEAL WITH IT HUH, I will show them & I will never buy anything from them ever again.

While it hasnt been FULLY CONFIRMED, This is basically how it was before the reveal of the Playstation 4 with the Rumor Mill going into Overload with a new I KNOW THIS deal every Hour of Every Day.

Now the same situation is going on with the Durrango-720 every day something is being supposedly revealed such as ALWAYS ONLINE REQUIRED, I am going to keep a cool calm collected head about this until they OFFICALLY REVEAL THIS.

These are unconfirmed reports from varrious sources not the OFFICAL one. While the 720 could be a completely Diffrent ball of wax such as the Playstation 4 turned out to be.

Remember the IGN RUMOR MILL saying it also was going to be ALWAYS ONLINE REQUIRED the same deal is happening with the 720 lets just wait until May When it is finally REVEALED.

For now I am happy with what I have.
#49IIICE_COLDPosted 4/5/2013 11:02:26 AM
"Also are you kidding me Installation of games required, Kinect 2.0 Required, Hey Microsoft Why not just use my DNA like a Fingerprint or Have a Device that would Lazer Print your Retinal Signature to verify your ID."

I'm a big gamer also, and still don't own a connect... I'm not a big fan of having voice recognition, face recognition type of software right in my living room...
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#50RollnThunder213Posted 4/5/2013 11:34:21 AM
RKOMe2011 posted...
give Xbox the Big Middle Finger DEAL WITH IT HUH, I will show them & I will never buy anything from them ever again.

I am going to keep a cool calm collected head

wut
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213