This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reviews (Project related)

#1gvampPosted 4/4/2013 9:52:32 PM
I'm taking Stats this semester and for our final project my idea is to compare review scores for a Xbox 360 and PS3 version of the game but I'm noticing major sites like IGN and GS give the same score for both versions of the game. So is there any sites out there that give the PS3 and Xbox 360 version different scores?

If not then I might modify my project to sales for games
---
Proud ownr of Xbox 360 Slim w/ Kinect; PS3 with Move, PS Vita, Wii (Black), 3DS XL, Gaming PC and soon to be Wii U Deluxe.
#2Vaoris_KlawPosted 4/4/2013 10:19:52 PM
I really only remember that happening early in the console's life, later everyone just stopped caring. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#3Perfect LightPosted 4/4/2013 10:21:52 PM
Metacritic and GameRankings are your answer.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#4SunDevil77Posted 4/5/2013 5:13:03 AM
Yup metacritic is your answer. The overall score for different platforms will vary, an you can compare each individual site's rating for the game. You won't find very many games in the past 5 years that differ in score though.

I wish my stats class let me study something I care about instead of the different sizes of genetically altered plants >_>
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#5gvamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 11:38:49 PM
Sadly I can't use metacritic or game rankings because they use averages which will throw of the correlation part of he project.

So I'm going to pick 30 titles and compare sales figures as of 2012.
---
Proud ownr of Xbox 360 Slim w/ Kinect; PS3 with Move, PS Vita, Wii (Black), 3DS XL, Gaming PC and soon to be Wii U Deluxe.
#6Banana_ManaPosted 4/9/2013 12:49:36 AM
gvamp posted...
Sadly I can't use metacritic or game rankings because they use averages which will throw of the correlation part of he project.

So I'm going to pick 30 titles and compare sales figures as of 2012.

30 isn't enough. If you want it to be accurate you need to compare the sales of 5,000 games.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
http://bananaviewsandreviews.blogspot.co.uk/
#7gvamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 12:12:52 AM
The project only requires 30 data sets anything more than that is just wasted time on the project.

Speaking of that any idea where I can find sales figures at?
---
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 4/11/2013 12:19:48 AM
gvamp posted...
The project only requires 30 data sets anything more than that is just wasted time on the project.

NPD.
---
BioWare can't do romances. They can do fan fiction well though.
#9Banana_ManaPosted 4/11/2013 12:22:05 AM
gvamp posted...

Pfft.

Can't call it a project then.

Maybe an activity?
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
http://bananaviewsandreviews.blogspot.co.uk/