This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You can play digital download games while offline right?

#1ShadowElite86Posted 4/5/2013 10:35:08 AM
I bought DMC off of Amazon for $24 thinking it was the physical copy of the game. Today the seller emails the download code to me. Not exactly what I wanted but it was pretty cheap compared to everywhere else. I never bought a game from Games on Demand and I just want to make sure that I can still play it while offline, since I will be without internet for a while once I move out.
#2DeadCeII16Posted 4/5/2013 10:35:39 AM
Not on 720, only on the current last-gen systems.
---
Legends live forever.
#3googlerPosted 4/5/2013 10:37:01 AM
As long as you're using it with the console and profile you first download it to
#4ShadowElite86(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 10:39:49 AM
DeadCeII16 posted...
Not on 720, only on the current last-gen systems.

I don't want to hear about that anymore until it's confirmed true or false. But good, I guess I won't complain about it not being a physical copy and demand a return.
#5jakethenoobPosted 4/5/2013 10:56:07 AM
googler posted...
As long as you're using it with the console and profile you first download it to

That's so stupid. I can't play half of my arcade games offline because of Microsoft making a piece of **** that broke and I had to buy a new one.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#6mabber_IIIPosted 4/5/2013 11:03:06 AM
wait, you can buy download codes for dmc?

where?
#7mabber_IIIPosted 4/5/2013 11:04:08 AM
jakethenoob posted...
googler posted...

That's so stupid. I can't play half of my arcade games offline because of Microsoft making a piece of **** that broke and I had to buy a new one.

just do a license transfer
#8Ned_MandingoPosted 4/5/2013 11:55:02 AM
Quote:wait, you can buy download codes for dmc?

where?

@mabber_III

Did you not read the first line in his post?
---
You gotta pay the troll toll.
#9josh924Posted 4/5/2013 11:58:32 AM
googler posted...

Console, yes. However, you can play it on any profile on the first console that you download it on.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#10FiyunPosted 4/5/2013 12:39:48 PM
Only Indie-games(And games like Happy Wars) requires Internet after installation in some fashion, unless they changed it.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight