This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just love all the Next Box hate.

#11ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 2:00:44 PM
strukelj posted...
ZDT_Leader posted...
strukelj posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...
ZDT_Leader posted...
I don't mind if it's online only because that won't be a problem for me.

This is the most annoying viewpoint. It's enabling stupid decisions because it might not directly affect you. And you can't know that it won't be a problem either. When your internet goes out or Live goes down for whatever reason you've got a worthless paperweight on your hands.

robot exactly. welcome to the internet where issues are only a problem if they directly affect you. first off its arrogant to say it "would never be a problem" considering u cant predict if ur ISP will have an outage. ATT just has a massive outage a couple months back for a week.

but again it shows the true selfish nature of people when they SPECIFICALLY say i dont give a damn because its not my problem. u know? like world hunger? why should i care? its not my problem they decided to be born in a 3rd world country

I said my opinion. I never said it was wrong. I guess it does suck for people who don't have good internet but when it comes down to it. It really doesn't affect me.

I'm sorry that other people are though. But yet again. It literally isn't my problem.

and thats fine. im not gonna act like i care about every problem that doesnt affect me out there. its just arrogant to assume ud never have an issue with it, u cant predict that. and this time of thing only has negative consequences, it does not enhance anything.

but in these situations its weird, fine if it doesnt affect you why try to take an opposite stance against the people protesting it, who it can affect? kinda like gay rights. why do people waste their time protesting it when it has zero affect on them? well, thats religion and thats a wholllllllllle nother ball game

Gay right and a system being online all the time in completely different dude. To compare them is ridiculous.
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#12dreamtheater33Posted 4/5/2013 2:07:27 PM
strukelj posted...
ZDT_Leader posted...
strukelj posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...
ZDT_Leader posted...
I don't mind if it's online only because that won't be a problem for me.

This is the most annoying viewpoint. It's enabling stupid decisions because it might not directly affect you. And you can't know that it won't be a problem either. When your internet goes out or Live goes down for whatever reason you've got a worthless paperweight on your hands.

robot exactly. welcome to the internet where issues are only a problem if they directly affect you. first off its arrogant to say it "would never be a problem" considering u cant predict if ur ISP will have an outage. ATT just has a massive outage a couple months back for a week.

but again it shows the true selfish nature of people when they SPECIFICALLY say i dont give a damn because its not my problem. u know? like world hunger? why should i care? its not my problem they decided to be born in a 3rd world country

I said my opinion. I never said it was wrong. I guess it does suck for people who don't have good internet but when it comes down to it. It really doesn't affect me.

I'm sorry that other people are though. But yet again. It literally isn't my problem.

and thats fine. im not gonna act like i care about every problem that doesnt affect me out there. its just arrogant to assume ud never have an issue with it, u cant predict that. and this time of thing only has negative consequences, it does not enhance anything.

but in these situations its weird, fine if it doesnt affect you why try to take an opposite stance against the people protesting it, who it can affect? kinda like gay rights. why do people waste their time protesting it when it has zero affect on them? well, thats religion and thats a wholllllllllle nother ball game

Dumbest thing ive read here comparing games to gayrights,and honestly i dont care if you cant connect or anyone else why should i over something so stupid im always connected and thats all that matters even if it does turn off its only a day or a few hrs,its not the end of the world. DEAL WITH IT
---
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
#13strukeljPosted 4/5/2013 2:10:10 PM
i had a feeling i had to point out the difference their, but i gave it the benefit of a doubt. it was an example. the point is, hmmm nevermind. if u dont mind something why have anything to say about the people who dont? again it doesnt affect u fine, but clearly u must see how it DOES affect other people negatively, so why try to silence that?

u said it urself, it doesnt affect you. so would it not being online always affect you too? of course not, so what is ur point here? it basically looks like ur wonder why other people are against something u are perfectly fine with one way or another. hell i dont have an xbox nor will i not have the next one most likely, and i still dont like the idea. im not gonna tell people to hush up because it doesnt bother me
#14Robot_SoopaPosted 4/5/2013 2:29:11 PM
ZDT_Leader posted...

dreamtheater33 posted...
Dumbest thing ive read here comparing games to gayrights,and honestly i dont care if you cant connect or anyone else why should i over something so stupid im always connected and thats all that matters even if it does turn off its only a day or a few hrs,its not the end of the world. DEAL WITH IT

Extremely short-sighted viewpoints here. Even if your internet stays perfect from now to eternity it won't for other people.

And that's the key here. You're going to see the userbase shrink because not everyone can maintain a constant connection. I'm sure I don't have to explain further why people not buying the 720 is a bad thing for people who do want to buy it.

And what about RPGs that can you can sink hundreds of hours into? You have to make sure your connection is pristine the entire time and if it falters at all you can potentially lose hours of game time.

It will affect you. Pretend it won't all you like. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
#15MostlySlowJoePosted 4/5/2013 2:50:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16DelsinRowePosted 4/5/2013 2:57:57 PM
MostlySlowJoe posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
The hate is justified. Just because you are fine with always online, it doesn't mean that everyone else has to accept it.

Pretty sure you got to just #DEALWITHIT.

Actually no I don't. I'll just get PS4.
---
You are not in control.
#17strukeljPosted 4/5/2013 3:02:58 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
ZDT_Leader posted...

dreamtheater33 posted...

Extremely short-sighted viewpoints here. Even if your internet stays perfect from now to eternity it won't for other people.

And that's the key here. You're going to see the userbase shrink because not everyone can maintain a constant connection. I'm sure I don't have to explain further why people not buying the 720 is a bad thing for people who do want to buy it.

And what about RPGs that can you can sink hundreds of hours into? You have to make sure your connection is pristine the entire time and if it falters at all you can potentially lose hours of game time.

It will affect you. Pretend it won't all you like. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

and even if these people are psychic and know their internet will never go down, whats that got to do with OTHER people being affected? u do not benefit from this, hell neither would the company doing this . it is completely arrogant and ignorant to dismiss other people with valid complaints because simply it does not affect you
#18SnickleseedPosted 4/5/2013 6:30:27 PM
ZDT_Leader posted...
that won't be a problem for me.

Man people are f***ing dense.

If Microsoft started making appliances and they built a refrigerator that needs a constant Internet connection to ensure that you aren't putting stolen food in it, people would defend that too. "I buy all my food so it's not a problem"

WAKE THE F*** UP
---
i report trolls
#19HeavenFoxLadyPosted 4/5/2013 6:40:42 PM
MS is doing the right thing for console gaming. Sony is going to have deal with it, when all the pirates swarm to the PS4.
---
Add me if you like: http://www.facebook.com/meising.sung
XBL Tag: MotherOfWars