This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

crack in center of disc -_-

#1VeryDarkSoulPosted 4/6/2013 12:41:14 AM
I own over 500 video games and this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, and both games were xbox360 games. I'm having trouble finding out if its my system doing it or the crappy eco-friendly game cases. I always push the button in and take out my discs carefully
---
Ron Paul 2012
#2KenhorouPosted 4/6/2013 12:45:27 AM
It's the eco friendly cases. They always crack the center.
---
"COD: Be at the right place, at the right time"-Ragdoll47
QFT
#3Just_The_TipPosted 4/6/2013 12:51:00 AM
eco friendly cases. I've done it to a few games. Doing it to Fallout 3 really pissed me off.
---
Percy Harvin looks much better in blue. Men don't wear purple.
I heart the NFLB
#4VeryDarkSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 12:55:10 AM
Just_The_Tip posted...
eco friendly cases. I've done it to a few games. Doing it to Fallout 3 really pissed me off.

my fallout 3 disc got ruined too, but it still works at least... I remember the old days when discs weren't made so cheap, I could bend a blank disc 90 degrees and it still wouldn't have a crack in it
---
Ron Paul 2012
#5NoBulletPosted 4/6/2013 12:59:23 AM
I have 2 games destroyed by this as well, and a 3rd one on the way. I dont place them in the spindle anymore, I just lay it on top and close the cover.
---
http://nobullet.deviantart.com
One of the Dedicated 500 - #9, #177
#6TrugamerPosted 4/6/2013 9:17:10 AM
I would really like to know how there has been no class action against these weak discs and crappy game cases.
This has been an epidemic since launch somehow they get away with blaming the consumer for it when i had never had that happen to any form of disc media anytime in my life until the launch of the 360 and my Ghost Recon disc cracked after less than 10 hrs of play.

At one point I actually tested and confirmed that the cases cause the small cracks and then the console super heats and g spins the disc crack out into the disc information and ruins it.
#7DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 4/6/2013 10:21:03 AM
Only one it's happened to me with was Eternal Sonata, but I just returned it and got another copy.

I've been verrrry careful since then about completely depressing the button to put the discs on/take them off, however.
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#8KillaBeAtPosted 4/6/2013 10:26:34 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Just_The_Tip posted...

my fallout 3 disc got ruined too, but it still works at least... I remember the old days when discs weren't made so cheap, I could bend a blank disc 90 degrees and it still wouldn't have a crack in it

I imagine that might have been when you were using CDs which were made of a much more flexible material, and not Dual Layer DVDs which have to be rigid (and therefore will crack) in order to prevent the two layers of the DVD from mis-aligning too much.

It's got nothing to do with being cheap. In fact, those Dual Layer DVDs are actually stupidly expensive, when you consider the alternatives. In terms of storage capacity versus cost DVD-R DLs are actually the most expensive type of disk media that is in regular use.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#9PutHaggarInSFPosted 4/6/2013 10:38:51 AM
My SSF4 disc is like this. It still works fine for now. I'm sure at some point it'll render it un-usable though.
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#10KillaBeAtPosted 4/6/2013 10:41:08 AM
PutHaggarInSF posted...
My SSF4 disc is like this. It still works fine for now. I'm sure at some point it'll render it un-usable though.

be careful putting a cracked disk in a drive.I don't know what speed the disk spins at in the 360, but I know that if that crack gets big enough your disk is going to shatter inside the disk drive, potentially rendering your entire xbox useless.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.