This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

crack in center of disc -_-

#11PutHaggarInSFPosted 4/6/2013 10:41:56 AM
My discs don't spin save for a moment at start up.
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#12PutHaggarInSFPosted 4/6/2013 10:42:31 AM
But thanks for the warning.
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#13CapwnDPosted 4/6/2013 10:51:06 AM
I would really like to know how there has been no class action against these weak discs and crappy game cases.
This has been an epidemic since launch somehow they get away with blaming the consumer for it when i had never had that happen to any form of disc media anytime in my life until the launch of the 360 and my Ghost Recon disc cracked after less than 10 hrs of play.

At one point I actually tested and confirmed that the cases cause the small cracks and then the console super heats and g spins the disc crack out into the disc information and ruins it.

I blame the cases, not the console but it's possible.

But yet all these years people just say "you're doing something wrong, learn how to take things out of cases"

Right. I have 500 cds, about 50 dvd, 50 bluray, 25 Ps3, hundreds and hundreds of previous console disc games... but it only happens with the 360.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#14KillaBeAtPosted 4/6/2013 10:53:13 AM
PutHaggarInSF posted...
My discs don't spin save for a moment at start up.

I forgot about that. I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't install games to my xbox hard-drive.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#15MertensCWPosted 4/6/2013 11:37:44 AM
Its the frail 360 discs. Most of them lack the durability of past gen discs.

Bad disc handling habits aka removal or re-insertaion into the cases can and will result in cracked discs. The type of case can be a minor to major factor as well.

In the old days the type of case didn't matter cause the discs were tough as nails.
My own bad habits resulted in 2 of my launch games cracking. No issues since, once i realized how cheap the discs were and took preventative measures.

For example my Halo CE came in such a bad case, if i were to insert any of my 360 games on it. I believe 90% or perhaps all would break while i tried to remove them.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#16StucklnMyPantsPosted 4/6/2013 11:57:46 AM
I blame the cases, not the console but it's possible.

But yet all these years people just say "you're doing something wrong, learn how to take things out of cases"

Right. I have 500 cds, about 50 dvd, 50 bluray, 25 Ps3, hundreds and hundreds of previous console disc games... but it only happens with the 360.

I know I've seen this topic before and there are always people saying, "you don't know how to take care of your stuff blah blah blah". And honestly, before it happened to me, I would have been inclined to agree with them. But when it happens to you, and you know that you take care of your stuff, and there are a bunch of people out there that it happens to too, it's something other than what the user is doing.

I personally think it's a culmination of the crappy eco cases and the 360 heating the disc up. The heat warms up the disc which can make it have less integrity than normal, then the user snaps the disc back into the case throughout a bunch of play sessions, then the disc will eventually crack. And all it takes is a small crack and the user not noticing it, and before long you have a cracked, unplayable disc.

Of course, I have no proof of this, it's just what I think is happening.
#17TrugamerPosted 4/6/2013 12:01:45 PM
The test I ran proved that the act of putting the disc back in the case caused the crack not the act of removing it.

The real culprit is the extreme heat of the console and g force of the disc spin that expands the tiny cracks.
#18Killah PriestPosted 4/6/2013 12:02:24 PM
I've only had one disc crack, Project Gotham Racing 3.

EVER in my ENTIRE life... well except those I cracked on purpose.

That was not an eco case just a normal one.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#19VeryDarkSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 12:42:36 PM
Trugamer posted...
The test I ran proved that the act of putting the disc back in the case caused the crack not the act of removing it.

The real culprit is the extreme heat of the console and g force of the disc spin that expands the tiny cracks.

so I guess I have to play finger-olympics and somehow press the button when putting the game back in
---
Ron Paul 2012
#20TrugamerPosted 4/6/2013 2:08:14 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Trugamer posted...

so I guess I have to play finger-olympics and somehow press the button when putting the game back in

No you just never use the case for storage period.

You put them in a CD sleeve style holder and never have to worry about discs cracking