This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA joins top of worst companies in america again this year

#1Angelus72Posted 4/6/2013 6:40:38 AM
With the company being voted to the list again this year, will they ever get the point? They rip off their customers. I purchased The Old Republic when heard it was going to be free to play. It has the most handicaps for non-subscribers in an MMO the I have ever played. I have to pay for my character to have the ability to jog instead of walk?? I bought Tiger Woods 14, which is a very fun game by the way, only to find that they want you to cough up $40 on top of the premium $70 (Masters Edition) to get the same DLC courses as last year that should have been in the game anyways. Does anyone put out a NASCAR game where you need to drop more money to race on Daytona? Or an NBA game where you need to pay for the ability to jump? It's downright shameful, and I'm glad EA is getting the raspberry again this year from the public.
---
Angelus72
#2SunDevil77Posted 4/6/2013 6:50:46 AM
They've made some bad decisions, but at least they are admitting it now:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/ea-comments-on-worst-company-in-america-poll?abthid=515f52583fb1ca3644000015

I am probably just being naive, but I think they really do want to get out of this slump.

“Are we really the ‘Worst Company in America?’” Moore asked. “I’ll be the first to admit that we’ve made plenty of mistakes. These include server shut downs too early, games that didn’t meet expectations, missteps on new pricing models and most recently, severely fumbling the launch of SimCity. We owe gamers better performance than this.”

“So here’s my response to this poll: We can do better. We will do better. But I am damn proud of this company, the people around the globe who work at EA, the games we create and the people that play them. The tallest trees catch the most wind. At EA we remain proud and unbowed.”

I don't think they should keep saying they're proud of the company...but at least they admit they dropped the ball.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#3TheGam3925Posted 4/6/2013 7:01:32 AM
I'm not the biggest EA fan, but EA is Morgan Freeman compared to oil companies.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#4zerooo0Posted 4/6/2013 7:04:48 AM
EA is on a killstreak lol.

But seriously theirs worst companies in America than EA.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Cyborg.
#5Rome218Posted 4/6/2013 7:36:07 AM
EA joining the top of worst companies in America is all public perception. The fact that it is even on the list shows how typically narrow minded people are. Bank of America, any News Network(Cnn was accused by their ex 3 time winning journalist, Amber Lyon of accepting money from dictators to run polite ads while asking her to create false journalism that helps turn public opinion or Iran and Syria bad by lying and omitting details).

The worst company vote is just as dumb as American idol. They're just popular and notorious, and they do what many other businesses do.

On the other hand, Bank of America selling poor loans with good loans and mixing them together so investors did not know what they were actually getting. They are a company that has ruined people's lives, forget a hobby where you leave ass prints on a chair all day, while in front of a television holding a controller.

Our Media are controlled by their parent companies, and they are for profit, so they are bought and paid for. Many of the publications on "respected networks" such as CNN, Fox, and MSNBC are nothing more than public relations articles, or something written to make the masses think a certain way. I think they are far more dangerous

CNNi refused to show a documentary done by Amber Lyon for her work on a U.S friendly dictator Country named Bahrain. It aired one time in America and never on cnni because of outside influences, and they gave Lyon 100k. the problem was they did not like what they saw, which was human rights violations and unarmed civilians being murdered. They wanted to paint a nicer picture of this Country.

http://www.infowars.com/3-time-emmy-award-winning-cnn-journalist-mainstream-media-takes-money-from-foreign-dictators-to-run-flattering-propaganda/

All I think when I see people voting against EA is that the masses are too dumb to vote, and I really wonder if Democracy works. Is it even real when politicians present a phony picture of themselves and we vote without knowing what's going on, just manufactured social issues that has no relevance on our day to day lives for the most part.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#6Darkest_EvilPosted 4/6/2013 8:14:04 AM
my response to ea...
you are the worst company

Capcom and thq were right up there but you honestly are the reason people buy these online passes for used games which discourage people from wanting to play

This leaves alot of people not wanting to play on your servers because they are laggy broken pos

Namco is a company who treats their customers right.. tekken tag 2 is a prime example of this.

Dlc of music and movies to customize they game is a brilliant idea and free characters for update is the best thing ever!
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#7NoName999Posted 4/6/2013 9:07:22 AM
Darkest_Evil posted...
my response to ea...
you are the worst company

Haliburton created a toxic cloud just to drive people from their ****ing homes. Academi is currently under investigation by the FBI for smuggling weapons to terrorists. Cargill used child trafficking to get cheap labor. Shell inserted staff into the Nigerian government and bribe their military.

Oh but making piss poor games somehow means EA deserves the title of worst company. :\
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#8SisayPosted 4/6/2013 9:20:29 AM
I don't think "oh at least we don't export murder, though we're ok on slave labour" is much of a defense. Maybe the poll should be titled "Company with the Worst Service", but does it really matter? Why are the semantics of this suddenly so important and not the overall message, that EA is a terrible company with terrible service and terrible business practices?
---
Europa / Siege
#9MertensCWPosted 4/6/2013 11:02:27 AM(edited)
zerooo0 posted...
EA is on a killstreak lol.

But seriously theirs worst companies in America than EA.

Yes, and all of them we us consumers can't do a damn thing about. The Government could but it doesn't.

EA is a company we can directly affect to a degree. Though not as much because a large chunk of their fanbase are casual gamers, who don't give a rats ass about the stuff they pull.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#10CyricsServantPosted 4/6/2013 6:46:55 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
They've made some bad decisions, but at least they are admitting it now:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/ea-comments-on-worst-company-in-america-poll?abthid=515f52583fb1ca3644000015

He was doing really well until he started making a checklist about how EA is right and its detractors are wrong. I strongly agree with a lot of what he said, even if I wasn't offended by it. Origin is a legitimate competitor for Steam? Yeah, okay.