This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA joins top of worst companies in america again this year

#21TheGam3925Posted 4/7/2013 5:07:23 AM
SparkItUp posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
The banks and oil companies who's lobbyist's pay our congressmen to vote in their favor are way worse.

No, that is smart business. Neither the banks or companies are forcing the members of Congress (or other political offices) to accept the "campaign contributions". The only foolish parties involved, are those that accept the contributions and allow themselves to be shackled. Being part of a company that uses a lobby firm, we look at it as in investment. If we did not utilize it as a tool for our business, someone else would and they could possibly get projects that we probably couldn't get otherwise.

Noone is sticking a gun to the head of politicians to accept money, they willingly put the gun to their own heads the moment they choose to take it.

I don't think that all lobby firms are bad. I'm just saying that banks and oil companies are much worse than EA in my view.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#22DarkSymbiotePosted 4/7/2013 5:08:38 AM
Bud2003 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Angelus72 posted...
With the company being voted to the list again this year, will they ever get the point? They rip off their customers. I purchased The Old Republic when heard it was going to be free to play. It has the most handicaps for non-subscribers in an MMO the I have ever played. I have to pay for my character to have the ability to jog instead of walk?? I bought Tiger Woods 14, which is a very fun game by the way, only to find that they want you to cough up $40 on top of the premium $70 (Masters Edition) to get the same DLC courses as last year that should have been in the game anyways. Does anyone put out a NASCAR game where you need to drop more money to race on Daytona? Or an NBA game where you need to pay for the ability to jump? It's downright shameful, and I'm glad EA is getting the raspberry again this year from the public.

Do you not see the fault in your own logic!!

Tiger Woods 14 ships with 20 courses (let me say that again TWENTY F'N COURSES!!!). Tiger Woods games has a bunch of content! EA creates additional courses, and you honestly think you should get them for free?

Then your Old Republic argument...what decent MMO offers free to play online service WITHOUT some sort of price model for generating some revenue?!?

This is the same entitlement mentality that gaming gaming community as taken on.

Should I get mad and throw a fit when I go in the ice cream shop and I get charged extra for sprinkles, oreos, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and caramel?

What are you raging on about? The last Tiger Woods game had some courses but this time they were removed in favour of DLC. And the pay-to-jog argument is very acceptable.

Which Tiger Woods are you talking about? 2013 shipped with 15 or 16 courses.

I'd like to know as well. The last 3 games only shipped with around 16 courses.

There are some courses that were present in the last games. The latest one removes them but adds them as DLC with no alterations.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#23Dragon NexusPosted 4/7/2013 6:22:08 AM
I am probably just being naive, but I think they really do want to get out of this slump.

Seems whenever a new guy comes along, EA turns around on its heels and becomes a nice guy again.
At the beginning of this gen they were giving new franchises a try, creating things like Dead space and Mirror's Edge and I was feeling a level of respect for them again because it seemed they'd finally decided to not be dicks any more. When they bought Bioware I was actually kinda glad. Hey, now someone can help Bioware tweak their awesome games so that we get the same awesome content but without the glitchy graphics and framerate hiccups.

Then they eventually turned right back on their heels again and started going Evil Publisher on us, embracing every nee gaming inovation and bending it over their knee with a sickening crack so they could fit it into their existing business model, rather than adjust their business model to accomodate this new way of thinking.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#24OmegaPillowPosted 4/7/2013 6:51:41 AM
Lmao @ ea fanboys being butthurt, the majority spoken , ea sucks
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#25Bud2003Posted 4/7/2013 8:46:22 AM
OmegaPillow posted...

lol...I could care less about EA. I more of a logic fanboy. You should consider using it sometime, instead of going along with the rest of the entitlement generation in screaming "ea sucks" every time they charge for premium content.
#26OmegaPillowPosted 4/7/2013 7:26:31 PM
Bud2003 posted...
OmegaPillow posted...

lol...I could care less about EA. I more of a logic fanboy. You should consider using it sometime, instead of going along with the rest of the entitlement generation in screaming "ea sucks" every time they charge for premium content.

They do suck actually
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#27SheepinatorPosted 4/7/2013 10:00:53 PM
It says a lot about society that so many people are concerned about the perceived slights of a video game company, yet companies like Carnival, Wall St banks and Monsanto can get a pass.

Monsanto recently had their bought politicians insert an anonymous clause into a bill now signed into law, which gives them protection from litigation in the event of health risks caused by their genetically modified seeds. This same company has sued small farmers who dared to grow things using their seeds which had been blown onto the farmers land by the wind.

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/27/how_the_monsanto_protection_act_snuck_into_law/
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#28Vaoris_KlawPosted 4/7/2013 10:13:40 PM
It's disheartening to hear people actually believe that EA is the worst company in america... I mean, they provide entertainment not choosing whether you get medical treatment or not. And why are they the "worst company in america"? Day 1 DLC? Microtransactions?

Really? That's... uh, not what I expected from the worst company in America.
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#29kingwutuguPosted 4/7/2013 10:16:33 PM
joins? i think they never got off the wagon
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#30flame030191Posted 4/7/2013 10:20:59 PM
They get voted worst for making a few mistakes, continuing doing what others started, and for making games.

Just in gaming alone there's much worse companies out there.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.