This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LOL Cliffy B takes a stab at Adam Orth

#11Vaoris_KlawPosted 4/6/2013 1:45:57 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
orth gave massive xbox 720 spoilers. he should be fired.

Not only that, but it's one thing to leak information about an upcoming major announcement, it's another to do it in such a way that puts it in bad light. Both the press and gaming community are having a field day tearing this guy apart because it was talked about in such an aggressive way.

The guy is an idiot, unless it was all a ploy to stir up bad press just for Mircosoft to come out as the heros and say "we were never planing to do this, we love you too much". Fat chance I'd say.
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#12Gillian SeedPosted 4/6/2013 2:29:46 PM
Orth's comments didn't upset me. Any company that is doing always-online is probably thinking what he bothered to say out loud. It's almost refreshing to see one of them being brutally honest. Do you prefer the PR spin about it protecting the gaming experience for everyone? I'm not going to feign outrage, or be so delicate to actually be outraged.

So, when I say I can understand him getting fired over this it's not because I dislike the guy. Microsoft makes a point to never comment on rumors. He broke that rule, and caused a crap storm. Microsoft probably had a sugarcoated way to announce always-online when they do unveil the next Xbox; assuming the rumor is true. Now until the reveal happens those tweets will be the closest thing to an official message out there, and it's clearly not the kind of message Microsoft wants.
#13vigorm0rtisPosted 4/6/2013 3:07:08 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Ah Cliffy. He's got quite the personality, I hope to some day have dinner with him.

Crossed paths with him once, actually. He was young, though, and I think a little drunk. Acting like a douche, but all things considered...
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#14shawnmckPosted 4/6/2013 3:08:41 PM(edited)
^ @ Gillian Seed

Microsoft is the one causing the crap-storm by not denying the rumors.
This guy just made it worse.

Basically Microsoft crapped a big load of poop, and this guy comes along and steps in it.
People act like it's this guy's master plan, when all he did was let it slip that the rumors are basically true.

Sure, the guy was an ass about it...but so is Microsoft by not giving the customer base the dignity & courtesy of a response to the rumors.
Microsoft might as well be flipping all of those (us) who dislike an always On-line system forced on us the middle finger.

This guy talks like a douche-bag...but Microsoft is acting the part.
You cannot separate the two.
#15fallangePosted 4/6/2013 3:15:47 PM
shawnmck posted...
^ @ Gillian Seed

Microsoft is the one causing the crap-storm by not denying the rumors.
This guy just made it worse.

Basically Microsoft crapped a big load of poop, and this guy comes along and steps in it.
People act like it's this guy's master plan, when all he did was let it slip that the rumors are basically true.

Sure, the guy was an ass about it...but so is Microsoft by not giving the customer base the dignity & courtesy of a response to the rumors.
Microsoft might as well be flipping all of those (us) who dislike an always On-line system forced on us the middle finger.

This guy talks like a douche-bag...but Microsoft is acting the part.
You cannot separate the two.

The thing is, Microsoft's policy is not to confirm nor to deny rumors. It's always been this way and it isn't gonna change just because someone said something.
Rumors are just that, rumors. If I was a Microsoft executive I'd be laughing at all the idiots who think all the rumors are real.
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#16zerooo0Posted 4/6/2013 3:23:28 PM
Go Cliffy B. Their's a reason why Cliffy B was always one of my favorites in the industry.

Also Orth deserves to be fired. No company should want a guy having their name on his Twitter representing them the way he did a few days ago. Hopefully he gets the boot.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Cyborg.
#17shawnmckPosted 4/6/2013 3:43:16 PM(edited)
fallange posted...

The thing is, Microsoft's policy is not to confirm nor to deny rumors. It's always been this way and it isn't gonna change just because someone said something.
Rumors are just that, rumors. If I was a Microsoft executive I'd be laughing at all the idiots who think all the rumors are real.

^ It must be nice living in denial..?

The guy is a Microsoft employee.
And he basically confirmed that the rumors are true.

And the policy of not commenting on rumors is not necessarily a good thing...
I mean, not commenting on stupid stuff might be good policy, but to have the same policy regarding important & relevant things such as this is just beyond asinine, and is never recommended.
All it does is backfire.
Nor is that a legitimate excuse for the shenanigans that Microsoft is pulling.

When multiple proof from reliable sources keep surfacing that prove the rumors to be true...you DON'T stick to the "no comment" policy....it's just beyond stupid.
All that it does is allow the damage to continue.
A simple.."it's not true" is all that MS needs to say...but they WON'T !
Microsoft might as well start digging their own grave.
#18zerooo0Posted 4/6/2013 3:43:45 PM
shawnmck posted...
fallange posted...

A single MS employee does not rep what the whole company plans on doing for the next gen. Until it's OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED it's best to take anything anybody says(Yes even MS employees) as just RUMORED.

If I was just a random Sony employee and I said I wanted the PS4 to be always online would that be an confirmation? No, that's what Orth did in this situation. 1 person =/= represent the company. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Cyborg.
#19shawnmckPosted 4/6/2013 3:50:58 PM(edited)
zerooo0 posted...

A single MS employee does not rep what the whole company plans on doing for the next gen. Until it's OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED it's best to take anything anybody says(Yes even MS employees) as just RUMORED.

If I was just a random Sony employee and I said I wanted the PS4 to be always online would that be an confirmation? No, that's what Orth did in this situation. 1 person =/= represent the company. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

^ He is Microsoft's Creative Director, meaning that he is privy to all of the XB 720's design and features...meaning that he most certainly does know.
And if he didn't, then he wouldn't be so adamant about it.
He is very clear and very sure of himself.
He knows.

I hope you feel real stupid when Microsoft finally does come out and admit it, and then reality will smack you upside the head.

And 1-person DOES represent the company if he is at a position to do so.
Maybe if the guy was a janitor than you would have a point...but he's NOT...he's Microsoft's Creative Director.
That means that he knows everything there is to know about the XB 720, because that's his JOB !
#20zerooo0Posted 4/6/2013 3:53:44 PM
shawnmck posted...
fallange posted...

And the policy of not commenting on rumors is not necessarily a good thing...
I mean, not commenting on stupid stuff might be good policy, but to have the same policy regarding important & relevant things such as this is just beyond asinine, and is never recommended.
All it does is backfire.
Nor is that a legitimate excuse for the shenanigans that Microsoft is pulling.

When multiple proof from reliable sources keep surfacing that prove the rumors to be true...you DON'T stick to the "no comment" policy....it's just beyond stupid.
All that it does is allow the damage to continue.
A simple.."it's not true" is all that MS needs to say...but they WON'T !
Microsoft might as well start digging their own grave.

Since you wont get it I'll just leave this year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKG07305CBs

Aslo I wont feel stupid, because I'm not jumping to conclusions. If it is always online/blocks used game then I'll simply get a PS4. So, again I'll leave this here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKG07305CBs
---