This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how much time has your Xbox 360 spent not connected to internet?

#1TheApd_ReturnsPosted 4/6/2013 11:56:26 AM
I think like once, for me, in the past year. Always online will ruin my personal entertainment life!
#2WinstonSmithPosted 4/6/2013 11:59:05 AM
For the first couple of years I owned my Xbox at had no internet at all. It hasn't been until recently that my Xbox is always online.
#3reincarnator07Posted 4/6/2013 12:00:45 PM
Quite a while now. I rarely play the thing, and we only currently have one ethernet lead, which is being used for the family PC. Literally everything else is wireless, and I don't play xbox enough to justify getting another lead and setting it up.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#4DiaperDandeePosted 4/6/2013 12:01:44 PM
Let's stop being so narrow focused on the consumer side. I've had it where my internet has been out for a while and I've wanted to play a game like Mass Effect just so I could play it. The whole idea of "I play online most of the time so that is the only way to play and anyone who likes to occasionally play single-player is dumb" needs to stop.

I really hope the people behind the move considered all the consequences before deciding this.
---
Playing (360/WiiU): BioShock Infinite, Gears of War: Judgement, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U)
#5Killah PriestPosted 4/6/2013 12:13:45 PM
When my internet goes down I don't even turn on my xbox.

so technically to me the 360 is already "always connected"
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6JKSonicPosted 4/6/2013 12:15:08 PM
And you're missing the point...sure for some people having it always online is an issue but for most of us that's not even the issue at all.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#7xtacbPosted 4/6/2013 12:17:29 PM
sometimes tournaments (such as fighting games) are held in a place with crappy internet

and streamers have to use their 3g mobile phone/hotspots to stream the event on twitch.tv

yea so imagine needing the consoles to use the same 3g mobile phone/hotspots to even play the games themselves

lol
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#895_EclipsePosted 4/6/2013 12:17:38 PM
70 million 360s sold.
40 million Live Gold accounts
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#9dreamtheater33Posted 4/6/2013 12:20:50 PM
Who the hell cares for the most of you that cant ,should we suffer cause a 10% cant go online ,its getting rediculous that people that cant be online all the time want us that can ,feel bad for you well i dont and its too bad for you guess your just going to have to get something else if its true.
---
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
#10lokinineteenPosted 4/6/2013 12:23:49 PM
Bought my 360 early 2006 & in that time Ive been offline for a few extended periods which probably amount to maybe 18 months +.

With this always online rumor going around I am not jumping to conclusions but I think maybe its going to be where the console is in a low powered state & will download any patches etc as they become available. I am pretty confident that you will still be able to use the console offline whether its connected or has ever been connected to the internet, & if I am wrong then Im wrong but until Microsoft announces anything then I am not going to jump to any conclusions.