This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how much time has your Xbox 360 spent not connected to internet?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So, how much time has your Xbox 360 spent not connected to internet?
2 years ago#1
I think like once, for me, in the past year. Always online will ruin my personal entertainment life!
2 years ago#2
For the first couple of years I owned my Xbox at had no internet at all. It hasn't been until recently that my Xbox is always online.
2 years ago#3
Quite a while now. I rarely play the thing, and we only currently have one ethernet lead, which is being used for the family PC. Literally everything else is wireless, and I don't play xbox enough to justify getting another lead and setting it up.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
2 years ago#4
Let's stop being so narrow focused on the consumer side. I've had it where my internet has been out for a while and I've wanted to play a game like Mass Effect just so I could play it. The whole idea of "I play online most of the time so that is the only way to play and anyone who likes to occasionally play single-player is dumb" needs to stop.

I really hope the people behind the move considered all the consequences before deciding this.
---
Playing (360/WiiU): BioShock Infinite, Gears of War: Judgement, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U)
2 years ago#5
When my internet goes down I don't even turn on my xbox.

so technically to me the 360 is already "always connected"
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
2 years ago#6
And you're missing the point...sure for some people having it always online is an issue but for most of us that's not even the issue at all.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
2 years ago#7
sometimes tournaments (such as fighting games) are held in a place with crappy internet

and streamers have to use their 3g mobile phone/hotspots to stream the event on twitch.tv

yea so imagine needing the consoles to use the same 3g mobile phone/hotspots to even play the games themselves

lol
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
2 years ago#8
70 million 360s sold.
40 million Live Gold accounts
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
2 years ago#9
Who the hell cares for the most of you that cant ,should we suffer cause a 10% cant go online ,its getting rediculous that people that cant be online all the time want us that can ,feel bad for you well i dont and its too bad for you guess your just going to have to get something else if its true.
---
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
2 years ago#10
Bought my 360 early 2006 & in that time Ive been offline for a few extended periods which probably amount to maybe 18 months +.

With this always online rumor going around I am not jumping to conclusions but I think maybe its going to be where the console is in a low powered state & will download any patches etc as they become available. I am pretty confident that you will still be able to use the console offline whether its connected or has ever been connected to the internet, & if I am wrong then Im wrong but until Microsoft announces anything then I am not going to jump to any conclusions.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So, how much time has your Xbox 360 spent not connected to internet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived