This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how much time has your Xbox 360 spent not connected to internet?

#31BladescorpionPosted 4/6/2013 4:27:36 PM
DiaperDandee posted...
Let's stop being so narrow focused on the consumer side. I've had it where my internet has been out for a while and I've wanted to play a game like Mass Effect just so I could play it. The whole idea of "I play online most of the time so that is the only way to play and anyone who likes to occasionally play single-player is dumb" needs to stop.

I really hope the people behind the move considered all the consequences before deciding this.

Yup. All it takes is a good snow storm, thunderstorm, wind gust, or wreck to take out the cable.

Also when the cloud service was down or a security breach like the idiots running psn had.

Congratulations, you have a paper weight.

My net was down today for hours, but my saves for fifa and dark siders 2 were in the cloud.

Always on messed up several pc games on launch, including sim city.

This is a very dumb requirement.
---
Posted from my iPad/iPhone. Forgive spelling issues.
#32s2goodPosted 4/6/2013 4:36:57 PM
Only when my xbox is turned off.
---
XBLIVE - Sonic B0000M NNID - Sonic_B0000M
PSN - Dragon--Punch STEAM - Sonic B0000M
#33HighestTPosted 4/6/2013 4:47:15 PM
I would say about a year now because my 360 has rrod.
#34SnoogleDumplingPosted 4/6/2013 4:55:12 PM
Quite a bit in all honesty because I mostly play single player games due to most multiplayer not interesting me as much as single player experiences. However I have no problem with constantly being connect as long it doesn't eat up much of my monthly internet cap.
#35Damon PlusPosted 4/6/2013 5:00:32 PM
Not connected? About 99.5% of the time.

I only connect it to download Arcade games or DLC, or when I have a free weekend of XBL.
---
Step back! This is my blast shot!
#36mrjhwarPosted 4/6/2013 8:40:53 PM
My Xbox 360 has never experienced the internet.
---
Are you wearing garbage, Batman?
#37MertensCWPosted 4/6/2013 8:44:31 PM
A lot. Even when i had gold, most of the time i pulled the plug.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#38MashYouGoodPosted 4/6/2013 8:44:56 PM
I haven't played lagline for months. Last real time spent was with GTAIV. Before that, SFIV, SCIV and then back to Gears(1).

I'm seriously considering ending my Gold subscription, that I've had since launch, this year.

The novelty has worn off and the game quality is nowhere near where it needs to be for the epicurean gamer to bother with lagline any longer.
#39JTC87Posted 4/6/2013 8:46:28 PM
What is the point of buying a 360 and not having it connected to the internet?
#40Reel_Big_MikePosted 4/6/2013 8:47:04 PM
Other than the very rare service outage or power outage...my 360 has spent absolutely zero seconds not connected to the internet. I'm sure a good amount of the people going irrationally apes*** about always online are already always online too.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.