This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how much time has your Xbox 360 spent not connected to internet?

#71thefabregas22Posted 4/7/2013 3:35:25 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
Quite a while now. I rarely play the thing, and we only currently have one ethernet lead, which is being used for the family PC. Literally everything else is wireless, and I don't play xbox enough to justify getting another lead and setting it up.

My situation is exactly the same
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Let's got down to the dirty!
#72TheGovenorPosted 4/7/2013 3:36:37 AM
I cant believe some people are defending this (supposed) decision.

Scenario 1

Outstanding Internet?- Play games!
Storm messed up your internet?- Play games!
Lackluster Internet service?- Play games!
Xbox live down?- Play games!

Scenario 2

Outstanding internet?- Play games!
Storm messed up your internet?- Play games!...for 3 mins then gtfo!
Lackluster Internet?- Deal with it mate! No games for you!
Xbox live down?- game suspended. Reason? "It's da future silly!"

you mean to say you would actually PAY Microsoft to slam Scenario 2 on you.
No thanks.
#73mjc0961Posted 4/7/2013 3:55:32 AM
WOOSH

That was the sound of the real problem with always online soaring right over TC's head. Here are some of the times that either my PS3 or 360 have been disconnected from the internet over the years:

PS3 couldn't connect to PSN for a brief period in 2010 due to a bug that made it think 2010 was a leap year when it wasn't.
360 couldn't connect to Xbox Live for a week or so after one Christmas when tons of 360s were received as gifts and the Live servers couldn't handle all the new people signing in.
PS3 couldn't connect to PSN for nearly a month when PSN had been hacked.
PS3 can't connect to PSN about once a month when Sony brings PSN down for "maintenance" as they call it (I call it bulls***).
360 has to be disconnected from the internet if I want to play Mass Effect 3 because EA and BioWare never patched a massive, game-breaking bug that prevents you from getting to the damn main menu if the game is connected to the internet.
Neither can connect to the internet if the internet is randomly down, which probably happens about once a month here (if only for a few hours) even if you go to the best internet provider with the highest speed package.
Neither can connect to the internet if bad weather knocks out the cable lines.

Also want to mention two games: Diablo 3 and SimCity.

Okay people, did you notice anything here? If you didn't, let me spell it out for you: every single circumstance I just listed was something completely outside of my control. Why should I be completely locked out of every single one of my games because some idiot couldn't program a system calendar correctly, some publishers don't have adequate servers, or we have a bad storm that knocks out the internet? It doesn't matter how great my internet package is when there are so many factors completely outside of my control when it comes to whether or not I can connect to the server that's checking if I'm still online.

But that's okay, keep ignoring the real issue and just bash everyone who you perceive as being stupid people with bad internet because they don't want an always on console. Have fun not being able to play anything when Microsoft's servers f*** up while I enjoy games on my PC, Wii U, and PS4, because they won't lock me out of all my games because some publisher screwed up or because there was a storm.

(All that, of course, if the rumors are actually true. I know full well that they may not be, so spare me that lecture in an attempt to hide the fact that you have no meaningful rebuttal to what I just said.)
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#74yggdrasil9Posted 4/7/2013 3:58:14 AM
I have to move my Xbox to get a wired signal so I only go online once in a while to check for updates and stuff. I think total, my Xbox has probably spent about 6 hours online.
#75RuneMaster no2Posted 4/7/2013 4:04:59 AM
I have been connected to Xbox Live a total of once in all of the 2 years that I've had an Xbox, because I'm not interested in paying money to play online.
---
One decade on Gfaqs and counting.
#76AtalalamaPosted 4/7/2013 5:08:45 AM
From odd-ball settings issues, poor wifi, having to switch providers due to their own asinine issues, issues with the hardline of all things, and a few other things here and there, my release360 has been offline for about 4 years. It's only been in the recent few years that I've no longer had issues with keeping it online. But since the wifi still sucks (got to return that over-priced adapter), I share the cord with the PS3. So even then it's offline quite often.
#77faris_ruhiPosted 4/7/2013 5:24:47 AM
Quite a lot actually. It's actually in an offline state right now as I'm going through my backlog. Last time I connected to play online was Halo 4, and unfortunately its multiplayer didn't appeal to me. Haven't gone online since, and my XBL membership is expiring this month, probably not renewing it seeing as my backlog consists of single player-centric games and is going to take me a while to get through.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog by release date (almost), Current game: Sonic Unleashed (360), Next up: Prince Of Persia (2008)
#78claytonbuckleyPosted 4/7/2013 5:41:33 AM
dreamtheater33 posted...
Who the hell cares for the most of you that cant ,should we suffer cause a 10% cant go online ,its getting rediculous that people that cant be online all the time want us that can ,feel bad for you well i dont and its too bad for you guess your just going to have to get something else if its true.

This post literally gave me cancer.

Anyways, if i had an xbox i'd treat it like i treat my Ps3. It's connected wirelessly, and it's only connected when i need it to be. most of the time i don't bother connecting it. No need to unless im getting a game from the PSN
#79NejiHyuga900Posted 4/7/2013 6:00:29 AM
When I first got an Xbox 360, I used it locally as any other old console. I haven't figured out how to connect it to the Internet and to Xbox LIVE until later. Then I got to experience my first online match in a video game. I don't remember which game I first played on Xbox LIVE but it is either Gears of War or Halo 3 but Halo 3 revolutionized the gaming world for me. Before the Xbox 360, I had no idea how to play games online (but I was aware of it when I had a PS2 and when I had Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 but I could never figure out how to do it since I was young back then).

Then there are times when I am randomly disconnected from the Internet and the Internet stops working for a bit. Because of this, I am not getting the next Xbox console if the Always-On Internet rumor is true.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#80dcn2424Posted 4/7/2013 6:28:00 AM
65% of the time