This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will we still see "now loading" screens on next gen consoles?

#1zaiwenPosted 4/6/2013 3:09:50 PM
^
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#2crynryanPosted 4/6/2013 3:12:34 PM
Probably. Content has to be loaded at some point.
---
Got any ideas to make a game with? Hit me up with them if you do.
#3AxelPoePosted 4/6/2013 3:23:19 PM
Yes.
Because game devs will always push the game to it's limits.
To bring you the best possible game experience.
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
#4PStrifePosted 4/6/2013 3:34:50 PM
Plus you will be rewarded with even more annoying time wasting software checks. Your time is truly no longer valued in this age of gaming.
#5Oldskool_RulezPosted 4/6/2013 3:38:33 PM
It most likely depends on the game that the system is running. I heard some developers are trying to make games that load everything while you're playing, instead of having load screens.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
#6Silent Sniper IVPosted 4/6/2013 3:39:51 PM(edited)
They should let people use SSDs, because I'm pretty amazed how load times have improved drastically to the point where I can't even read the tips on load screens for some games. It's really, really nice to have an SSD and digital download verses a dvd/hard drive, and I hope consoles embrace that at some point, because I can't go back to stuff like fallout new vegas on 360 anymore.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#7SolisPosted 4/6/2013 3:45:31 PM
No matter what the hardware, loading time will always exist for games unless they're specifically designed to cover them up. I mean hell, even the SNES, N64, and DS had games with loading times.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#8Super CreaturesPosted 4/6/2013 6:46:56 PM
Oldskool_Rulez posted...
I heard some developers are trying to make games that load everything while you're playing, instead of having load screens.

The problem with doing this is that it can lead to freezing issues if you progress through an area too quickly.

Metroid Prime did this, and suffered from freezing issues if you ran through rooms too quickly.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9vigoroiscool123Posted 4/6/2013 6:49:05 PM
Not if they use cartridges ;)
---
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#10old_school227Posted 4/6/2013 6:51:37 PM
Solis posted...
No matter what the hardware, loading time will always exist for games unless they're specifically designed to cover them up. I mean hell, even the SNES, N64, and DS had games with loading times.

Not that I don't believe you, but care to point some out?
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix