This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The funniest thing about MS's response to Orth is...

#31josh924Posted 4/6/2013 8:41:05 PM
shawnmck posted...
josh924 posted...
Who's "they"? Adam Orth is just one man and doesn't represent Microsoft, as stated by MS themselves. Also, rumors don't magically turn into facts unless they've actually been confirmed as fact. You seriously can't just wait for MS to officially unveil the next Xbox before you start condemning them? If not, save the pity for yourself.

^ Many sites have had confirmation from a variety of sources that include Developers from other companies, and including inside sources at Microsoft.

But people like you choose to ignore such growing evidence and prefer to dwell in denial.

First of all, don't presume to know me. If the people here that I get along with don't know me, what makes you think you do?

Secondly, I'm not denying anything. I'd rather just wait for actual confirmation instead of listening to rumors and speculation. Only an idiot would blindly accept rumors as facts.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#32MashYouGoodPosted 4/6/2013 8:46:53 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
... they had a perfect opportunity with their statement to disavow an always connected requirement and chose not to.

Think about that...

Nothing to think about. Always-on is in unless they remove it now / at the eleventh hour.

Who knows... M$ may have even put that dope up to it, just to see the response for the proposed console restriction.
#33EnclavePosted 4/6/2013 8:47:49 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
*The console isn't always online, Microsoft laughs it's ass off in silence at the free hype which already overshadows the PS4

Contrary to what you have heard there is actually such a thing as bad publicity.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#34josh924Posted 4/6/2013 8:51:39 PM
Enclave posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
*The console isn't always online, Microsoft laughs it's ass off in silence at the free hype which already overshadows the PS4

Contrary to what you have heard there is actually such a thing as bad publicity.

Would it still be bad publicity if it turned out that none of the rumors were true at all?
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#35SirLemontPosted 4/6/2013 8:53:00 PM
Enclave posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

I can't believe there are people that think that comments threatening NOT to buy a console is a good thing. They think casuals gonna look at all this negativity and say "pssh, I'm a get one anyway"?
#36L4YER_CAKEPosted 4/6/2013 8:54:45 PM
um, yes. fans won't just forget about Orth being a dick and talking about those who don't want persistent online in a console as if they were dispensable.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#37TheBlueStigPosted 4/6/2013 8:59:39 PM
josh924 posted...
Enclave posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Would it still be bad publicity if it turned out that none of the rumors were true at all?

Yes, it would still be bad press, because it's already making people turn toward other systems that aren't even out yet, or want to stick with existing systems, or even go back to old school systems.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#38Leon_HisaragiPosted 4/6/2013 9:05:18 PM
shawnmck posted...
I guess I hit a nerve.

What a bunch of babies.

Sounds like you're being the baby for getting modded lol.

Just a thought guys. If there is a huge uproar over rumors about the next box being always-online and the reaction from a creative director from Microsoft is 'deal with it' and other such ridiculously arrogant statements, doesn't that seem rather odd??

If you ask me, it seems like he had a reason to defend always-online, which would imply that the next box is associated with it. If it wasn't, he wouldn't need to say anything. Or better yet, deny them. That would show that they (he) are being upright fellows who actually care about their consumers.
---
I Never know what to put in these.
#39josh924Posted 4/6/2013 9:06:33 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
josh924 posted...
Enclave posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Yes, it would still be bad press, because it's already making people turn toward other systems that aren't even out yet, or want to stick with existing systems, or even go back to old school systems.

I would consider those options, too, but only if the rumors were true. If not, there's no reason to consider such options.
---
#40Leon_HisaragiPosted 4/6/2013 10:07:55 PM
But could you really blame people for considering these options? With all of these crude tactics being placed upon gamers recently and hearing that consoles could possibly start getting in on it, I don't.

It's already old news that used-games are being attacked by publishers. It should already be old news that one of the big reasons why dlc for new games are released so early is to ensure that the consumers don't sell their games. You can't even access the online mode to some games now unless you put in a code that comes with your 'new' game, or pay for it if your game is used. Kingdoms of Amalur can't be played at all unless you have a code and that's a single player game. Now there could be a console that prevents you from playing a game that you bought?

I'm not saying that everyone should just believe the rumors and assume the worst. But I think gamers have a right to be concerned and it's annoying to see people defend Microsoft religiously and criticize others, knowing Microsoft's and other publishers' position on used games and the measures they're taking to dispose of them, even at the gamers expense.
---
I Never know what to put in these.