This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The funniest thing about MS's response to Orth is...

#41Mez Static MerizerPosted 4/6/2013 11:23:30 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
josh924 posted...
Enclave posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
*The console isn't always online, Microsoft laughs it's ass off in silence at the free hype which already overshadows the PS4

Contrary to what you have heard there is actually such a thing as bad publicity.

Would it still be bad publicity if it turned out that none of the rumors were true at all?

Yes, it would still be bad press, because it's already making people turn toward other systems that aren't even out yet, or want to stick with existing systems, or even go back to old school systems.

Which is why I really applaud Microsoft for absolutely sticking to their 'no comment' policy if the rumors are false.

Bad press = lost sales. Period.

They aren't winning any more sales in the long run. At the very best, they will make equal the potential sales from denying the rumors outright now.
#42shawnmckPosted 4/6/2013 11:42:32 PM
^ That makes absolutely no sense.
Microsoft is alienating a huge amount of people.
The only way to make things better is to deny the rumors and report them as false (if they are indeed false).
otherwise it does NOT help MS in the slightest to pull the "no comment" routine, because very few people are falling for it, and is actually pissing people off all the more...because if MS doesn't have the respect to be honest & forthright, then they are showing that they have ZERO respect for their consumer-base.

Sony tried this when they launched the PS3, and were just as arrogant about it as MS is being right now.
And it ended up biting them in the ass.

You DON'T piss off your consumer base.
Telling people that you "don't comment on rumors"...when they are completely relevant is not only asinine, but it is very disrespectful and insulting to anyone with half a brain.

Keep in mind that Microsoft has been asked several times to please answer the questions...and MS refuses.
When someone asks you nicely a question and you tell them you are not going to answer, then that is akin to an insult or a slap on the face.
Only die-hard and brain-dead zombies would consider it a good move.
Microsoft could basically sleep with their mother and they would try to excuse it and try to make it into a positive.
There is nothing positive about it.

It's called "denial."
#43SirLemontPosted 4/6/2013 11:47:54 PM
shawnmck posted...
^ That makes absolutely no sense.
Microsoft is alienating a huge amount of people.
The only way to make things better is to deny the rumors and report them as false (if they are indeed false).
otherwise it does NOT help MS in the slightest to pull the "no comment" routine, because very few people are falling for it, and is actually pissing people off all the more...because if MS doesn't have the respect to be honest & forthright, then they are showing that they have ZERO respect for their consumer-base.

Sony tried this when they launched the PS3, and were just as arrogant about it as MS is being right now.
And it ended up biting them in the ass.

You DON'T piss off your consumer base.
Telling people that you "don't comment on rumors"...when they are completely relevant is not only asinine, but it is very disrespectful and insulting to anyone with half a brain.

Keep in mind that Microsoft has been asked several times to please answer the questions...and MS refuses.
When someone asks you nicely a question and you tell them you are not going to answer, then that is akin to an insult or a slap on the face.
Only die-hard and brain-dead zombies would consider it a good move.
Microsoft could basically sleep with their mother and they would try to excuse it and try to make it into a positive.
There is nothing positive about it.

It's called "denial."

I think you said it best in another topic. They're not listening to us, but to other publishers, mainly to find a way to cut into GameStop's profits. This is the only reasonable justification I can find to do this, and even then it's a huge risk.
#44Leon_HisaragiPosted 4/6/2013 11:59:02 PM
Mez Static Merizer posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
josh924 posted...
Enclave posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
*The console isn't always online, Microsoft laughs it's ass off in silence at the free hype which already overshadows the PS4

Contrary to what you have heard there is actually such a thing as bad publicity.

Would it still be bad publicity if it turned out that none of the rumors were true at all?

Yes, it would still be bad press, because it's already making people turn toward other systems that aren't even out yet, or want to stick with existing systems, or even go back to old school systems.

Which is why I really applaud Microsoft for absolutely sticking to their 'no comment' policy if the rumors are false.

Bad press = lost sales. Period.

They aren't winning any more sales in the long run. At the very best, they will make equal the potential sales from denying the rumors outright now.

Bad press doesn't just mean lost sales. If you're driving in a storm and you make it to your destination safely, does that mean the weather wasn't bad? No.

Maybe it will hurt them, maybe it won't. Right now it seems like it will, but that's all pure speculation just as much as these rumors are. That doesn't mean they aren't getting 'bad press' though -__-
---
I Never know what to put in these.
#45NemerlightPosted 4/7/2013 2:41:37 AM
shawnmck posted...
I don't know why some are using that..."Microsoft has a policy that they don't comment on rumors..." argument.
It's just an excuse, and not a very good one.

It's no different than some criminal being taken to jail and being asked how they respond to the evidence that shows their guilt...and they plead the fifth, which is basically..."no comment".

It is not a wise policy or even a smart one.
It's basically akin to denial, which isn't fooling anyone.

But it must be nice living up Microsoft's back-side (rectum).

Even if MS denied those rumors they would still have people like you calling them liars so whats the point?
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#46HughJorgennPosted 4/7/2013 3:09:16 AM
Nemerlight posted...
shawnmck posted...
I don't know why some are using that..."Microsoft has a policy that they don't comment on rumors..." argument.

It's no different than some criminal being taken to jail and being asked how they respond to the evidence that shows their guilt...and they plead the fifth, which is basically..."no comment".

Even if MS denied those rumors they would still have people like you calling them liars so whats the point?
#47Leon_HisaragiPosted 4/7/2013 4:01:39 AM
Nemerlight posted...
shawnmck posted...

So by this logic, Microsoft shouldn't consider an option that could win back the favors of consumers simply because some people would still speak negatively of them? There were people speaking this way of them before, people speaking this way of them now and will continue to do so in the future.

I can't see why there would be a problem with them making an exception for this nor why some people are so defensive about it. Taking a stand on this and going against their 'policy' would show that they care about their consumers enough to deal with such a sensitive issue; an issue that one of their creative directors helped spur on to something worse.
---
I Never know what to put in these.
#48Mez Static MerizerPosted 4/7/2013 5:10:00 AM
Leon_Hisaragi posted...
Nemerlight posted...
shawnmck posted...

So by this logic, Microsoft shouldn't consider an option that could win back the favors of consumers simply because some people would still speak negatively of them? There were people speaking this way of them before, people speaking this way of them now and will continue to do so in the future.

I can't see why there would be a problem with them making an exception for this nor why some people are so defensive about it. Taking a stand on this and going against their 'policy' would show that they care about their consumers enough to deal with such a sensitive issue; an issue that one of their creative directors helped spur on to something worse.

Also, I'm pretty sure Microsoft is more beholden to the interests of stockholders than company policy, meaning that assuming if the rumors are false, I'd be pretty pissed as a stockholder at Microsoft for sticking to their 'no comment' policy. Like I said earlier in the topic, the route their taking is not going to gain them any more sales in the long run, any more than the would by just denying them now. They're most likely losing sales with this bad press.

Which is why I'm absolutely convinced the rumors are true, in which case a 'no comment' policy to delay an absolute ****storm that would arise from confirming the rumors is the most preferable route so as to build and prepare a massive positive PR campaign to overshadow the negatives of an always online console.
#49HENTAIDOJIPosted 4/7/2013 5:12:34 AM
Enclave posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Assuming it's not true, Microsoft would just casually imply it was a rumor started by the competition.

Microsoft - The victim. What a twist!
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#50liam_000Posted 4/7/2013 5:19:52 AM
If the rumours were true, then the decision to make an 'always online' console would have happened a long time ago, and development of the new console would have happened with this mind. Surely they couldnt have known that soooo many people would be opposed to the idea.

But if they go back on it now they run the risk of delaying the release of the console, which is likely to be at the end of this year or early next year. IMO they took a a gamble and it hasnt paid off, but going back on it now doesnt look like an option.
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.