This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you drop Microsoft if the "NextBox" is "always online"?

#1AxelPoePosted 4/6/2013 9:21:51 PM
Would you buy another console if Microsoft forces this "always online" on you? - Results (367 votes)
Yes
64.31% (236 votes)
No
35.69% (131 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So, would you pass on buying the "NextBox" and buy another home system if Microsoft forces this "always online" on you?
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
#2LegendaryAlicePosted 4/6/2013 9:37:06 PM
If Microsoft does this they will lose a lot of buyers. If they do this, I will jump ship to Sony. Maybe Nintendo. And in the case that Microsoft does do this "always online" thing... I hope they end up bankrupt in the xbox department.
#3EnclavePosted 4/6/2013 9:37:42 PM
Yes I would buy another console, a non-Microsoft console.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#4Frost_LASERPosted 4/6/2013 9:38:37 PM
I would be going back to Nintendo and also looking at what Sony has to offer.
#5JTC87Posted 4/6/2013 9:44:06 PM
I would but anything Microsoft console before ever buying a Playstation. I have never owned a playstation and never will.
#6AxelPoe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:49:03 PM(edited)
JTC87 posted...
I would but anything Microsoft console before ever buying a Playstation. I have never owned a playstation and never will.

So before Microsoft jump into the gaming thing I assume you where with Nintendo?
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
#7MashYouGoodPosted 4/6/2013 9:48:29 PM
Definitely drop M$ if they go full DRM 'tard.
#8josh924Posted 4/6/2013 9:49:11 PM
If its true, I'll most likely just get a WiiU or stick with my 360. Also, if its true, they could hopefully change it so that an internet connection wouldn't be required.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#9EnclavePosted 4/6/2013 9:50:33 PM
JTC87 posted...

Why not? There's some pretty amazing games on Sonys consoles. Or is it some kind of ridiculous brand loyalty where you choose one company and stick to it and rage against all others like some immature child?
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#10DVentPosted 4/6/2013 9:50:36 PM
It's always been about the games for me, and that being said - even if the best game came out on the system and the new box required an always on internet connection I would say no at this time due to the fact that I am stuck with an unreliable Comcast connection.
---
XBOX 360 GT - DVent360