This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battleblock Theatre is BETTER than Super Meat Boy...

#1RahzarXPosted 4/6/2013 8:46:42 PM
Holy crap... these levels are wickedly hard. The later ones that is.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 9:40:34 AM
ITS SO GOOD I TELL YOU
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#3SunDevil77Posted 4/8/2013 9:46:59 AM
Those are some mighty big shoes to fill, sir!
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#4DakhanavarXPosted 4/8/2013 10:02:14 AM
In some regards, I thought N+ was better than Super Meat Boy, and that came out 1st (Well, and the original N before that). Map editors and multiplayer modes for games like this shouldn't be taken lightly! But SMB is still awesome sauce. Haven't played Battleblock yet, but I keep hearing good things, so I might have to at least give the demo a go.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#5popping4itPosted 4/8/2013 10:37:51 AM
they're not the same developer despite them sharing the same art style.
---
whens mahvel?
#6TwoNumbThumbsPosted 4/8/2013 10:39:25 AM
It's close. BBT offers coop.
---
Forgive me. I have a bleeding heart for gaming.
Weeping Angel of the Doctor Who boards
#7JamanjaxPosted 4/8/2013 10:41:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Dragon NexusPosted 4/8/2013 10:53:29 AM
How single player friendly is Battleblock Theatre?
I love the game studio behind it and I thought the game looked good, but the majority of gameplay footage has been of co-op.

I don't want to debate buying this game just to find it's like playing Left 4 Dead by yourself.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#9RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 10:56:05 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
I love the game studio behind it and I thought the game looked good, but the majority of gameplay footage has been of co-op.

I don't want to debate buying this game just to find it's like playing Left 4 Dead by yourself.

Just as fun, the narrator keeps you company if you turn him on Blabbermouth.

Coop is awesome but its not necessary.
---
#10darkharePosted 4/8/2013 10:56:27 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...

yeah i consider that a pretty fair comparision, this game (for me) is only fun in co-op. i wouldnt have bought it unless i had someone to play it with.

---
I keep GameFaq in my pocket