This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MS should make Xbox Live Gold free if they force "always online" on the new Xbox

#11ManservicePosted 4/8/2013 2:48:18 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
If anything. The price of Live needs to go up.

Do you ever get tired of making blatant troll attempts? You really suck as a troll, you need to learn to do it right or just stop.

This topic is a trolling attempt, a f***ing lame one at that, anybody that demands free online from Live has no clue how bad the PSN is just because it's free.

Free =/= bad

PSN isn't "bad" by any means, you simple-minded individual.
#12TheBlueStigPosted 4/8/2013 6:43:33 AM
Manservice posted...
PSN isn't "bad" by any means

PSN is "down for maintenance" more than Live.

PSN has more mic spamming cheating glitching griefing underaged little brats online than Live.

PSN has more forced updates that take far longer than Live.

PSN is less secure than Live.

PSN suffers regular game server shutdowns because nobody is paying for them.

Sony charges developers more bandwidth fees than Microsoft or Nintendo.

PSN is run by a total MORON in the USA by the name of John Koller who has proven a few hundred times that he's out of touch with reality and should NOT be left in charge of anything because he gets the company sued. Nobody really knows how he still has a job.

I would sooner pay for a superior online experience than suffer under Sony's "free" system.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#13greatone101Posted 4/8/2013 6:46:27 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Manservice posted...

PSN has more mic spamming cheating glitching griefing underaged little brats online than Live.

PSN is run by a total MORON in the USA by the name of John Koller who has proven a few hundred times that he's out of touch with reality and should NOT be left in charge of anything because he gets the company sued. Nobody really knows how he still has a job.

I would sooner pay for a superior online experience than suffer under Sony's "free" system.

Seems like you dont know anything about PSN. All the problems you are stating were there at the start of PSN. Now PSN is on par with Live. And with PSN + its even better.
How i know? Because i got XBL Gold and PSN +.
#14HoundourPosted 4/8/2013 6:57:40 AM
greatone101 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Manservice posted...

Seems like you dont know anything about PSN. All the problems you are stating were there at the start of PSN. Now PSN is on par with Live. And with PSN + its even better.

PS+ evens itself out though on the long run. Yeah, you get free games and good discounts, but it requires you to keep paying to keep playing your "free" games. It doesn't really do much since they only change 3 games per month.
---
I LOVE METAL
#15Viet0nePosted 4/8/2013 7:02:55 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Manservice posted...

Live has more people with mics and way more volume of annoying mic spammers. It's not even a contest.

Live has more cheaters because it's easier to hack games on the 360 than on the PS3. Whenever there is a glitch/hack/exploit in a game, it's always the 360 and sometimes the PS3.

PSN is hardly less secure. How many Live accounts are compromised completely on a weekly basis? Even when the user database for PSN was compromised, not even a single instance of compromised accounts was found because the database was encrypted. By the time they can decrypt it, all the financial information will have been expired.

Live suffers regular game server shutdowns as well even when people are paying for them.

Microsoft chargers users more bandwidth fees than Sony or Nintendo.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#16godplaysSNESPosted 4/8/2013 7:05:16 AM
Houndour posted...
greatone101 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Manservice posted...

PS+ evens itself out though on the long run. Yeah, you get free games and good discounts, but it requires you to keep paying to keep playing your "free" games. It doesn't really do much since they only change 3 games per month.

Renting games is at least a better deal than renting the online multiplayer component in games you own
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#17IzecPosted 4/8/2013 7:05:39 AM
They should but they don't have to and will choose not to.
---
Placeholder Text
#18TheBlueStigPosted 4/8/2013 7:24:05 AM
Viet0ne posted...
Live has more people with mics and way more volume of annoying mic spammers. It's not even a contest.

Live has more cheaters because it's easier to hack games on the 360 than on the PS3. Whenever there is a glitch/hack/exploit in a game, it's always the 360 and sometimes the PS3.

PSN is hardly less secure. How many Live accounts are compromised completely on a weekly basis? Even when the user database for PSN was compromised, not even a single instance of compromised accounts was found because the database was encrypted. By the time they can decrypt it, all the financial information will have been expired.

Live suffers regular game server shutdowns as well even when people are paying for them.

Microsoft chargers users more bandwidth fees than Sony or Nintendo.

Party Chat kills the spammers, it's easier to get rid of them. PSN doesn't have anything close to Party Chat.

There's more moderators doing active policing on Live than there ever was or ever will be on the PSN. There's also regular hardware scans for hacked systems.

The PSN is still less secure because it can still be hacked, Anonymous already proved that. And the credit card info was NOT encrypted, the hackers also proved that by posting CC info the day after Sony lied about it being encrypted.

Live servers are still going after PSN servers get shut down because they're being PAID FOR.

And Sony's 16 cents per gigabyte for the life of the file on the network is the HIGHEST in the industry right now. Microsoft and Nintendo both charge less than 10 cents per gigabyte, Microsoft doesn't charge for demos after the first month, Sony keeps charging bandwidth fees on demos for more than 6 months.

John Koller is still in charge, until he's fired for all the f***ups he's done, PSN and Sony's hardware in the USA will NEVER be better because he keeps f***ing it up.

Just because something is free does NOT automatically mean it's better.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#19IvanKozlovPosted 4/8/2013 8:02:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20IvanKozlovPosted 4/8/2013 8:07:06 AM
Stig, I hooe for your sake that you have stock in Microsoft or something. If not, your level of fanboyism is sad.
---
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!