This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Paul Thurrott: Xbox 720 is expensive: $500 or $300 for sub model, 5/21 Unveil

#111masteryashaPosted 4/7/2013 10:15:56 PM
I'm actually surprised that there are so few people defending this. I mean, it's an absolutely terrible, anti-consumer measure that treats us all like criminals on the off-chance that it'll get them a bit more money, but it's amazing that people are actually drawing a line with this. I figured it'd have to get much, much worse before a good number of people actually cared.
#112PrealienkingPosted 4/7/2013 10:24:44 PM
Arucard05 posted...
These rumors are nuts. Every single one sounds exactly like Microsoft wants everyone to buy a PS4. I dunno.

Something is fishy.

They may be leaking negative rumors on purpose so we are more accepting of mediocre things when they actually unveil the NexBox
#113WayOfTheSwordPosted 4/7/2013 10:42:05 PM
Dashbe posted...
Looks like I'm getting a PS4 next generation. Microsoft is seriously going to self-terminate next generation.

They're doing a good job of self-termination right now, if Windows 8 is any indication. The advertising campaign alone shows that MS is in serious danger of disappearing completely up its own arse; every time one of those commercials with the horrid, horrid music comes on I feel like punching a MS exec in the face. I don't want big colorful tiles and touchscreen bs, I want a completely customizable desktop and UI that doesn't require me to perform 3 steps to accomplish what I used to be able to do in one. But as long as people keep buying the crap they're shoveling out, they'll keep making it. Welcome to the new world order, you will soon be dumbed down to a turnip.

/nerdrage
---
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
#114Shinobi120Posted 4/7/2013 11:10:54 PM(edited)
It's official: incoming 3rd console curse for Microsoft.

Sez6 posted...
Always Online is a good thing, is the future. All of you live in the past, in the 90's era.

Always Online means:
- no more tedious system updates
- no more tedious game updates
- more money to developers, more games released and with better quality
- more ppl playing multiplayer
- the ability to track what games are being played, and how they are being played. This info is very useful to offer you better games, with the features you use and without the stuff you dont like.

LMAO. You sound exactly like this moron from NeoGAF that made a thread about it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52762434&postcount=1

More of his dumb posts:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52789122&postcount=300
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52790961&postcount=307
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52813842&postcount=389
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52904910&postcount=442

Yeah.
#115ChipChippersonPosted 4/8/2013 1:43:35 AM
slayer456 posted...
welp, looks like ps360 is the last gen for me. time to start on my backlog.

Same lol. Well I do have a U and a 3ds so the combo of them all will hold me for a good long while.

As much of a comedic punchline it is now, I think the U will end up being the least ''offensive'' option for gamers once all is known about the upcoming consoles.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#116StealthyVlad101Posted 4/8/2013 3:10:49 AM
Always online won't really cause any problems for me based on how my internet has been in the past few years. The only time it's gone down was when there was a blackout in my entire city, and I couldn't play any games anyways so it wasn't an issue. I'll still buy all three systems.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#117richboy900Posted 4/8/2013 3:28:52 AM
Prealienking posted...
Arucard05 posted...
These rumors are nuts. Every single one sounds exactly like Microsoft wants everyone to buy a PS4. I dunno.

Something is fishy.

They may be leaking negative rumors on purpose so we are more accepting of mediocre things when they actually unveil the NexBox

That sounds likely, I always thought the ps4 will be more powerful, but the question is by how much. I would never think it'd be by much but if it is that's probably what all these rumours are for. I can see ms releasing a console with average specs. I'm a big xbox fan but there's no way I'd give 500 dollars for an average spec'd console (IF it is).
#118SmallSatsumaPosted 4/8/2013 3:35:09 AM
Always Online means:
- more money to developers, more games released and with better quality

Keep dreaming.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbqs1bbyH41qh6r18o1_500.gif
#119stawg007Posted 4/8/2013 4:21:19 AM
BC was the only reason I would consider getting an xbox over ps4, if all the rumors are true I hope MS bombs big time
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#120PraetorXynPosted 4/8/2013 5:34:08 AM
What NEEDS to happen in order for the next Xbox to fail is basically one thing:
Like the PS4, none of the Xbox LIVE Marketplace content you previously purchased can be transferred to the new Xbox.

The PS4 is unable to do BC because of the different hardware architecture and insufficient power to emulate the Cell. As for PS2/PSX emulation, they may not see it a worthy ROI to create emulators for the PS4 to do that, but it's certainly powerful enough to handle one if they did.

In the case of the Xbox, there are API's involved like DirectX, so I'm afraid that they would be able to make previous marketplace content work by modifying their API's. If that's the case, the Xbox can't possibly fail.

If you've spent $500 on Marketplace content, you are basically given a choice between throwing all that away and switching to PC (what I did years ago) or PS4, or keeping your purchases and putting up with always-online DRM and possibly no used game support. The vast majority of consumers will do that.

Most people really won't care about there being always-online DRM. In fact, most people won't even know it's there until after purchasing the console, and after they find out about it they'll probably juts get over it.

Losing all past Marketplace purchases frees people from Microsoft's Xbox "ecosystem", and makes them completely free to switch to other platforms.

Really, the Nextbox needs to be such a miserable failure that it puts Microsot out of the console business. That would be the first step in Call of Duty finally dying like it should have years ago, as well as de-emphasizing al the other console shooters, so hopefully we can get some good ones like in the late 90's/early 2000's.