This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls 2 Information coming April 11

#21Arucard05Posted 4/8/2013 7:45:30 AM
Arucard05 posted...
http://www.brianhibbs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/woopdedoo.jpg

Aww. Seems like someone sucked at the original Dark Souls

I'm actually playing it and enjoying it right now. I hate everything about the game other than the game.

I appreciate you being a fine Exhibit A though.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#22ThugETHPosted 4/8/2013 8:15:22 AM
Awesome great news!
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#23airdanielPosted 4/8/2013 9:18:16 AM
I came.
---
GT: Rancub
#24mtjormitchPosted 4/8/2013 9:55:15 AM
hak145 posted...
i just hope all my fears can be put to rest after this unveiling.

The game IS confirmed that DS2 is going to be more story based, that can only mean good things.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#25Arucard05Posted 4/8/2013 9:56:16 AM
The game IS confirmed that DS2 is going to be more story based

That's good. Definitely the weak spot so far.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#26mtjormitchPosted 4/8/2013 10:18:54 AM
Arucard05 posted...

You mean the weak spot in the first game. The story was... not there and honestly it could have done better but with how lazy the game makers were I had to give the original dark souls a 6 outta ten for their laziness.

Gameplay was fun, but why am I playing it?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#27VlayerPosted 4/8/2013 10:21:47 AM
If they can improve the story and the multiplayer, this game could easily be better than Dark Souls.

Also, hopefully they'll better optimize the game, Blightown is awful.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
S4(15 Episodes) of AD airs May 26th on Netflix!
#28DieMyBridePosted 4/8/2013 10:24:22 AM
mtjormitch posted...
Arucard05 posted...

You mean the weak spot in the first game. The story was... not there and honestly it could have done better but with how lazy the game makers were I had to give the original dark souls a 6 outta ten for their laziness.

Gameplay was fun, but why am I playing it?

I agree. With how difficult the game was I needed something to drive me to keep playing.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#29MR_SorenPosted 4/8/2013 10:30:25 AM(edited)
I hope they're careful with this story stuff. Sure, a little bit more might be nice for the first playthrough, but it could get in the way on the second, third, fourth, etc. Furthermore, I liked using some imagination instead of having everything explicitly spelled out.

Not every game needs to be about chasing carrots either. It was a fun world to explore and fight through. Having fun was enough reason to keep playing.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
Blog: http://www.red-grenade.com
#30_SCOTSLADPosted 4/8/2013 11:59:46 AM
I do not understand the people that say Dark Souls has no story.

Sure the do not hand the story or who the characters are on a plate, they want you to find out this on your own.

While some might find reading every item description tedious I love it.

Maybe that's the problem with this generation folks just want everything handed on a plate 'easy mode'.

I do not want to plug any youtube channels out there but there are a good few that go into the lore of DS very well, If you don't get the story watch them it will help and shed new light on the game.

I hope they don't take that discovery away in DSII.

Cant wait for more info.
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."