This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wireless Bluetooth Headset Problem

#1Mentalpatient87Posted 4/7/2013 3:56:07 PM
Ok, so I have one of

http://www.xboxliveaddicts.co.uk/forums/uploads/07afb6a1b1db12570dcb5f40253bbf1e.jpg

those things, and I've been trying to use it as a bluetooth headset on my PC (specifically for Planetside 2) I went out and got a Rocketfish $20 USB bluetooth adapter, went through installing the drivers and everything, and got the headset connected. There are two problems. One: I believe the software is trying to run the speaker on the headset as the microphone, and the microphone as the speaker. When I try to use it on PS2, it says my input device is not a microphone. Two: this thing just will not stop making this weird buzzing/dinging noise. It's like someone banging on a cheap Casio keyboard that's low on batteries.

Oh wait, before I post this, now I have playback coming through the speakers when I tap on the mic. If I put the thing halfway into my mouth and sorta shout, it starts to pick up my actual voice! Is there any way to get this thing to play nice? Because I'm out of terms to Google and haven't found much besides reviews and countless guides on connecting it to the Xbox..
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#2Mentalpatient87(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 4:46:26 PM
Damnit, I figured this question would just get buried under a wave of always-online bickering..
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#3CapwnDPosted 4/7/2013 4:58:26 PM(edited)
On your computer, did you specify it as the "communication device" ?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#4Mentalpatient87(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:42:16 PM
There's a lot of "on my computer." You're gonna have to be a little more specific.
---
#5CapwnDPosted 4/7/2013 9:50:28 PM
control panel>>Hardware and sound>>sound>>recording

now right click the mic and select "default communication device"

And of course make sure it's not muted, and I think you can test it from there.
---
#6Mentalpatient87(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:58:50 PM
Ok, yeah, it was set as the recording device. That still doesn't solve the second problem, or even the first.
---
#7CapwnDPosted 4/7/2013 11:01:46 PM
Not set as the recording device, but set as the default communication device.
---
#8Mentalpatient87(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:42:45 AM
Sorry, yeah, it's set to that.
---
#9Mentalpatient87(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 2:45:32 PM(edited)
Bumping

http://i.imgur.com/bIfDqOb.png

Yes, default device. Still making that damn noise. Still not working with the game.

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/Jvvf8cQ.png Had to plug in my old wired mic for it to say "default communication device." Though I didn't change anything else. Still the noise, still the not working.
---