This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever given a game another shot?

#1SunDevil77Posted 4/7/2013 7:50:20 PM
And by this I mean lowering your expectations after being disappointed/disliking it.

For example, I picked up Kingdom of Amalur the other day for $20 (on sale at Target, at the moment, guys. People are saying it is out of print too...meaning this is a damn good price for a new copy). I hated it when it first came out, because I gave into the hype...but trying it again knowing I won't be getting a revolutionary experience, I am actually having quite a bit of fun. Same thing with 007 GoldenEye Reloaded; as soon as I knew it wasn't a successor, or remake of the original...it wasn't so bad.

Anyone else try this?
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#2MonkeyFridayPosted 4/7/2013 7:53:15 PM
DA:O
---
Member of TBWNN.
#3AWarAmp84Posted 4/7/2013 7:57:27 PM(edited)
Bioshock. Only made it an hour in before losing interest. Went back to it a few months later and played it non stop(not literally) until I finished it.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 4/7/2013 7:59:05 PM
Battle For Middle Earth II.

I am not enjoying Far Cry 3. Maybe if I give it another try.
---
BioWare can't do romances. They can do fan fiction well though.
#5Oldskool_RulezPosted 4/7/2013 8:00:09 PM
Actually, I do have a game I resented at first. Two Worlds. I kept comparing it to other games and stopped playing for probably a year or so.

One day I started playing it again and fell in love with it. I played it for a week straight and got almost every achievement. I felt stupid for comparing it to other games, when I should have just enjoyed the game for what it was from the start.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
#6DBZMaster8Posted 4/7/2013 8:05:06 PM
Mass Effect 1. I remember the first time I played it I really could not get into it. I picked it up for cheap later on and got hooked into the story.

I'm thinking of giving Dragon's Dogma another try, especially with the new expansion coming out in 2 weeks. I enjoyed the open world feel of it initially, but just never seemed to care for it much and sold it pretty quickly. Hopefully the new one can change that.
#7glassghost0Posted 4/7/2013 8:07:37 PM
Took me 3/4 times to get into Red Dead Redemption, but that last time I fell in love. I don't like Westerns but that game is amazing. I also guess I was comparing it to GTA but idk why
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#8DelsinRowePosted 4/7/2013 8:11:11 PM
I stopped playing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time on PS2 around halfway through the game. Came back to it about 4 years later, completed it and loved it.
---
You are not in control.
#9Dagoth_WitPosted 4/7/2013 9:07:25 PM
Mirror's Edge. I just can't get into a game that relies so heavily on trial and error. Especially the way the trailers made it look so free form. Instead, you get a lot of starting/stopping.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#1095_EclipsePosted 4/7/2013 9:14:13 PM
Bad company 2. I was making the shift back to Battlefield, and away from CoD (Mw2) I tried it and initially hated it, but after going back to Mw2 and breaking my joystick on my controller, I forced myself to play Bc2 some more (this was all during Bc2 beta) and after a little while I fell in love lol, and to this day Bc2 is the best FPS I've played on the 360. Bf3 could have crushed it, but they CoDfied and noobed it out too much.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg