This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever given a game another shot?

#11GSPgreasesPosted 4/7/2013 8:21:40 PM
Bioshock
GTA IV

both i thought were boring and recently with the xbox live sale, bought them both ust cause i they were so highly rated
#12NickDrakePosted 4/7/2013 8:21:47 PM
Minecraft

I didn't so much lower my expectations as I did look at it from another angle. Now I love it. It's the perfect game for forgetting ones troubles.
---
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy
Oh, man! Wonder if he'll ever know...
#13cdp1705Posted 4/7/2013 8:38:04 PM
AWarAmp84 posted...
Bioshock. Only made it an hour in before losing interest. Went back to it a few months later and played it non stop(not literally) until I finished it.

this, except i went back to it a year or so later when i found it for cheap (i originally rented it)
#14MK_GodPosted 4/7/2013 9:18:59 PM
Skryim. Bought it during midnight release and tried to play it for about a week and just ditched the game. Went back a year later and played the s*** out of it.
---
watch HodgeTwins aka Lord Keith and Lord Kevin aka Mr. Striations & Mr. Feathers aka Twin Muscle Workout aka Fasting Twins
#15Rome218Posted 4/7/2013 9:26:37 PM
DBZMaster8 posted...
Mass Effect 1. I remember the first time I played it I really could not get into it. I picked it up for cheap later on and got hooked into the story.

I'm thinking of giving Dragon's Dogma another try, especially with the new expansion coming out in 2 weeks. I enjoyed the open world feel of it initially, but just never seemed to care for it much and sold it pretty quickly. Hopefully the new one can change that.

Same here, ME1. I bought it and was bored, so I sold it. Then one day I decide to buy it on demand so I'd be forced not be able to sell it.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#16HeLeehamPosted 4/8/2013 2:18:55 AM
Mass Effect - Couldn't get into it. I think it's because it was such a different experience when it was released. Then I got Mass Effect 2 for 5 when my brother bought his 360. After playing 2 I was able to enjoy 1.

Red Dead Redemption - Didn't hate it. Just thought it was overrated. Played it again after the hype died and loved it.

Gears of War - Played it for 5 minutes and didn't like the bullet sponge enemies. Tried it in Co op with a friend later and loved the series since.

Dark Souls - Tried the game and got past the first Bell and past the boss with a vagina on its chest and hated the trial and error aspect. Played it again and did the first bell with ease but still didn't like the game.
#17LapanuiPosted 4/8/2013 2:35:55 AM
Dark Souls

I got it on release day and I just couldn't stand the difficulty of the game at the time. I also didn't know where to go which irritated me. Managed to start playing it again last July and I found it to be an amazing game. Managed to get to Anor Londo. I got stuck at the Silver Knights with the Great Bows. I read about a strategy to get a Ring of Fog which required me to backtrack to either the Catacombs for a Skull Lantern or join the Forest Hunter covenant...

I found Sen's Fortress a bit of a pain to travel through. I stopped playing it though after that, I got a PS3 around that time as well and wanted to play that lol.

Borderlands

Originally, I didn't like the look of the game. My mate got it way after it was released, I still didn't like the look of it, but a while after I caved in and got it. I didn't really play it for very long, I got my brother to play through a bit with me, but he didn't like it. I stopped playing for a bit, started it up again some time after and started a new character. Completed the game and got BL2. Both amazing games. I still need to finish BL1 DLC, not too sure when I will go back to finish that off.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#18FocianPosted 4/8/2013 4:06:18 AM
I sold Shadowrun in the run up to Halo 3. Why would I need *another* First Person Shooter when Halo 3 finally releases?!

Oh, how wrong I was...

Upon picking it up again later down the line, I saw the genius that I had previously missed (although I largely put that down to it having a working system for the online after about six months).
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#19Super CreaturesPosted 4/8/2013 11:41:42 AM
No, hell, I've never even given a game a shot.

Games can't drink, so why should I waste my good booze?

Now, there are definitely some games that I would have needed another shot, or 10, to enjoy.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#20SunDevil77(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 11:46:53 AM
Super Creatures posted...
Now, there are definitely some games that I would have needed another shot, or 10, to enjoy.

Star Wars Kinect took a couple of shots, but it was funny as f*** to play with some friends.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.