This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you guys feel about Infinite's DLC?

#1pothocketPosted 4/8/2013 6:00:48 AM
For as much hate as I see DLC get , I haven't seen people making a big deal about Infinite choosing to finish its story via DLC. Is the game just that good that people are satisfied with the in-game story and happy to have MORE story to look forward to?

I kinda like it because of the debate it generates about the plot. Everyone has their own theory about different aspects in the game, they see their side of the coin and are sure they're right. And then the DLC will hit and people will be proven right or wrong and we all get to look back at the clues that were there the whole time.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2HeLeehamPosted 4/8/2013 6:02:46 AM
Its one of those games that gets a pass on a lot of "gamings worst traits".
#3SparkItUpPosted 4/8/2013 6:08:44 AM
HeLeeham posted...
Its one of those games that gets a pass on a lot of "gamings worst traits".

^ this...as long as it is an established fan favorite franchise...it won't get half of the bashing other games with the same issue did or do...that is until it is no longer popular...then it will be a bashfest.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#4pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:13:06 AM
I have a feeling the backlash will start after the first DLC hits, when many theories will get shot down and people realize they just paid to have their own ideas proved wrong - and it's going to happen two more times!
---
#5cheeseandtoastPosted 4/8/2013 6:25:29 AM
so, wait a minute here... ALL the infinite DLC is gonna be changes to the story? i'm lost...
---
Blarrgh.
#6pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:32:11 AM
cheeseandtoast posted...
so, wait a minute here... ALL the infinite DLC is gonna be changes to the story? i'm lost...

No, not change, complete. It'll complete the story. There's a lot left unresolved.
---
#7FredSavage27Posted 4/8/2013 8:21:35 AM
I have no opinion because I haven't played it.
#8Arucard05Posted 4/8/2013 8:26:03 AM
cheeseandtoast posted...

No, not change, complete. It'll complete the story. There's a lot left unresolved.

Do you have any sources? Is there any reason to not think it could simply be side stories set in Columbia?

There is no way in hell they are going to undermine the ending.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#9Gunvalkyrie2Posted 4/8/2013 8:28:52 AM
it needs DLC that can bring the graphic quality up to the 6 year old original game - is that possible?
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#10JKSonicPosted 4/8/2013 8:32:02 AM
There's not so much unresolved as there is just left unsaid. I don't think the DLC will "change" the story but rather flesh it out and maybe change your perspective on it. For instance maybe some DLC will focus on the Songbird and it's backstory.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)