This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you guys feel about Infinite's DLC?

#31pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 12:48:49 PM(edited)
Dragon Nexus posted...
I should've made it more clear I'm speaking about the entire plot, in general, and not just the ending.

Well ask others have said, if there's something you think is missing it probably isn't.

....Yeah....I know. I've been over every inch of this game and I know what's missing and what isn't. Also, the Infinite boards are useless. Most people still think that Booker has done this 122 previous times.... So why would I care what they think when they can't even get the basics right?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#32CyricsServantPosted 4/8/2013 12:57:31 PM
pothocket posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
I should've made it more clear I'm speaking about the entire plot, in general, and not just the ending.

Well ask others have said, if there's something you think is missing it probably isn't.

....Yeah....I know. I've been over every inch of this game and I know what's missing and what isn't. Also, the Infinite boards are useless. Most people still think that Booker has done this 122 previous times.... So why would I care what they think when they can't even get the basics right?

Out of curiosity, what's the significance of the number 122 if not that? It sounded like a reasonable interpretation to me based on the rowing comment, the lock combination, the tally marks on the sandwich board, and the claim that Songbird "always stops Booker," or something to that effect.
#33Reel_Big_MikePosted 4/8/2013 12:59:50 PM
TC, if you think the DLC is going to "complete the story" or have any tangible effect on the interpretation of the ending, you are just making completely baseless assumptions. The odds of that happening are slim to none.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#34pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 1:21:24 PM
CyricsServant posted...
pothocket posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

Out of curiosity, what's the significance of the number 122 if not that? It sounded like a reasonable interpretation to me based on the rowing comment, the lock combination, the tally marks on the sandwich board, and the claim that Songbird "always stops Booker," or something to that effect.

Most of that stuff is just the way the Luteces perceive reality. It confuses a lot of people into thinking about things the wrong way. Example: for the most part, one of them will see something as a constant while the other sees it as a variable. They each see only their side of the coin which is why they always argue. Rosiland just assumed it was possible for Booker to row and it takes her a second to realize Robert is talking about seeing his side of the coin. Why would she assume it was possible if they did this 100+ times? She wouldn't.

Go ahead and watch that boat scene as much as you want but it's pretty clear from the context of their speech that this a single event and neither of them had ever had to row that before
---
#35pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 1:26:29 PM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
TC, if you think the DLC is going to "complete the story" or have any tangible effect on the interpretation of the ending, you are just making completely baseless assumptions. The odds of that happening are slim to none.

Read my Songbird theory and tell me that wouldn't haven't an impact on the story.
---major spoilers----
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605053-bioshock-infinite/65864939

So, do you see now how filling in the holes can change the context of everything?
---
#36Reel_Big_MikePosted 4/8/2013 2:09:41 PM
Yeaaaa I'm not gonna read that wall o' text. I don't doubt that there could be DLC involving Songbird, but it will only serve to flesh out the character and his backstory, not change the game's conclusion in any way.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#37pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 2:24:30 PM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
Yeaaaa I'm not gonna read that wall o' text. I don't doubt that there could be DLC involving Songbird, but it will only serve to flesh out the character and his backstory, not change the game's conclusion in any way.

Again, you keep mentioning just the 'conclusion' when I'm speaking about the entire game.
Also, go read it.
---
#38SixxxPosted 4/8/2013 2:47:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#39SixxxPosted 4/8/2013 8:39:58 PM
Oh and the fact that everytime elizabeth mentioned the songbird she referred to it as a "he".
#40Gurn BlanstonPosted 4/8/2013 8:48:44 PM
Ken Levine said that the DLC would be new characters and locations in Columbia. The Booker/Elizabeth story has been wrapped up, Fin.