This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Always Online???

#11Berto6251Posted 4/8/2013 7:42:39 AM
The fact that it adds nothing but takes away all YOUR control.
---
Xbox 360 GT - Berto6251
PS3 GT - Berto6251
#12Redjoker777Posted 4/8/2013 7:43:31 AM
Every single major game launch will have server overloads. So buying games day one is pointless because you won't get to play them that much.
---
Loshadt-"There are times when I wish I were capable of hating people to death."
#13BreakerPosted 4/8/2013 7:44:25 AM
Wow, I never though about what would happen when the next generation systems would come out. Definitely won't be getting a 720.
---
This is the way the world ends.
#14shawnmckPosted 4/8/2013 7:45:04 AM
You may be On-line...all your friends may be On-line, but the majority of console users are not.

Not only that, if the rumors are true, then it also means that the rumor of XBL kicking you off and rebooting after 3-minutes of disrupted service.
Meaning that those who have unreliable service are going to be kicked off of their games quite a bit.

But the main problem is that it is being forced.
Having the option to be On-line is great, but not everyone wants to be On-line.
It should never be forced down our throats.

Keep in mind that the Sony PS4 isn't going to have the requirement, which means all those people who don't want On-line forced on them are going to flock to the PS4.

It's a stupid and asinine decision by Microsoft, and it will turn around and bite them on the ass.
The XB 720 will be the next Dreamcast.
#15Viet0nePosted 4/8/2013 7:46:20 AM
Every time Microsoft has accounted consoles sold and the number of Live accounts (Silver and Gold) the number of accounts ends up being around 2/3rd of the number of consoles.

If Microsoft wants to give up 1/3rd of the console market consumer base, that is up to them to decide.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#16MRL3G3NDPosted 4/8/2013 7:51:20 AM
Say you want to take your xbox out of town...your hotels (or your relative) does not supply internet or their firewall does not permit game traffic...

YOU CAN'T PLAY IT AT ALL NOT EVEN SINGLE PLAYER OFFLINE

The current rumor is that the game will suspend after 3 minutes of a disconnection.

Hey I'm not the best budgeter...but high speed internet is a luxury that I have to put on the back seat every now and again...so you mean to tell me, that I can't even game during that time?

No more rock band at moms house for the holidays

it's ridiculously restrictive...and this is strictly for their benefit...it punishes us...the people who they expect to buy it...ass backwards if you ask me...theres got to be a better way

so as of right now MS has a weaker system than Sony...AND always online is a 1-2 punch to the face

The sad part about it is that they are not denying anything...while these rumors cement themselves in the heads of potential customers...

Never owned a PS before in my life, but it looks like I will come November
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#1795_EclipsePosted 4/8/2013 8:03:12 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Say you want to take your xbox out of town...your hotels (or your relative) does not supply internet or their firewall does not permit game traffic...

YOU CAN'T PLAY IT AT ALL NOT EVEN SINGLE PLAYER OFFLINE

The current rumor is that the game will suspend after 3 minutes of a disconnection.

Hey I'm not the best budgeter...but high speed internet is a luxury that I have to put on the back seat every now and again...so you mean to tell me, that I can't even game during that time?

No more rock band at moms house for the holidays

it's ridiculously restrictive...and this is strictly for their benefit...it punishes us...the people who they expect to buy it...ass backwards if you ask me...theres got to be a better way

so as of right now MS has a weaker system than Sony...AND always online is a 1-2 punch to the face

The sad part about it is that they are not denying anything...while these rumors cement themselves in the heads of potential customers...

Never owned a PS before in my life, but it looks like I will come November

You didn't own a Ps2 ? O.O What are you, 13?
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg
#18VortPosted 4/8/2013 8:13:30 AM
shawnmck posted...
You may be On-line...all your friends may be On-line, but the majority of console users are not.

Not only that, if the rumors are true, then it also means that the rumor of XBL kicking you off and rebooting after 3-minutes of disrupted service.
Meaning that those who have unreliable service are going to be kicked off of their games quite a bit.

But the main problem is that it is being forced.
Having the option to be On-line is great, but not everyone wants to be On-line.
It should never be forced down our throats.

Keep in mind that the Sony PS4 isn't going to have the requirement, which means all those people who don't want On-line forced on them are going to flock to the PS4.

It's a stupid and asinine decision by Microsoft, and it will turn around and bite them on the ass.
The XB 720 will be the next Dreamcast.

This.
---
Jesus is Lord
#19krillin4553Posted 4/8/2013 8:15:28 AM
I used to live in a small town in Kentucky, I'd lose internet nigh constantly. It's ridiculous that I'd buy a game, like Bioshock Infinite, that has no multiplayer or real online aspect despite DLC and not be able to play it because my internet went down for no apparent reason. Hell, I moved to a city in Indiana and the problem isn't much better. I blame ATT but in both places, I'm forced to use them. v_v

I dunno. This is just absolutely unnecessary. Then think what happens to your entire 720 library when another new Xbox is released 6-8 years from now or if it's discontinued. They won't keep those servers up forever. Your stuff is gone. All of it. Whether you have the discs or not, you're SOL.

Xbox Live goes down? Now it means no multiplayer, soon it will paperweight until it comes back up.

Even after that. They're alienating customers. The last I remember, there were like 40~% of Xbox's that even had a Live account. The people that had an Xbox but never used it online, why should they buy a new Xbox? I've seen many people that have never even connected their 360 or PS3 online so why should they be punished for not wanting to or not having the ability to?

If it happens, I at least hope Microsoft rethinks their decision and pulls it back. If the three minute offline until you lose gameplay is true, then the game runs just fine without internet. Getting rid of the feature shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
---
XBL/PSN: DocDrazen
PC: i7-3770k, Corsair H60, Intel 180 GB SSD, GTX 550 Ti, GTX 260 for PhysX, 16 GB G. Skill Ripjaws
#20richboy900Posted 4/8/2013 8:19:24 AM
"That's nice" *Mrs Browns sarcastic voice*