This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't really see the problem with "always online."

#1Dev445Posted 4/8/2013 9:38:26 AM
My laptop is constantly connected to the internet and if it did go out it would be once in a Blue Moon. If it did go out, it was no longer than a few hours; unless of course the power went out then you know.

I just don't see the problem.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2_Elite_Bushido_Posted 4/8/2013 9:39:58 AM
it really isnt that big of a deal at all. people that are always connected are usually the ones pissing about this. *shrug
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#3master_gamr1231Posted 4/8/2013 9:40:30 AM
Well, I've had several times where I was just playing a game when "Disconnected from Xbox Live" popped up on screen. I was immediately able to connect through the Guide, but it could still get spastic from time to time. I sure as hell would not want to get kicked out of a SINGLE PLAYER game if that occurred.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#4PStrifePosted 4/8/2013 9:41:46 AM
Now go ten years from now, try playing those same games.
#5sonicteam2k1Posted 4/8/2013 9:43:36 AM
you live somewhere where high speed internet i in abundance

also if you for some reason couldn't get online (loss of internet for whatever reason, internet goes down...etc) it would suck.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#6Big_IsaacPosted 4/8/2013 9:43:38 AM
there's millions upon millions of people out there who do not have access to a stable, cap-free internet connection. if you do, that's cool, but what are those millions of other people supposed to do?
what are YOU supposed to do when MS' servers are down because of maintenance or an error?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#7_Elite_Bushido_Posted 4/8/2013 9:43:42 AM
Now go ten years from now, try playing those same games.

i wont have any nostalgia for this gen.
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#8Arucard05Posted 4/8/2013 9:45:33 AM
My computer is almost always connected to the internet.

And yet,

SimCity.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#9TheBlueStigPosted 4/8/2013 9:48:11 AM
Dev445 posted...
My laptop is constantly connected to the internet and if it did go out it would be once in a Blue Moon. If it did go out, it was no longer than a few hours; unless of course the power went out then you know.

I just don't see the problem.

Your laptop will still run, play games, and do all sorts of other things WITHOUT an internet connection.

The same thing will NOT be true of the 720 when it forces an online connection just to boot games, run apps, watch a movie, etc etc etc.

Lose net for any number of reasons? Can't play games....at all.

Live crashes because of some unknown reason? Can't play games....at all.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#10googlerPosted 4/8/2013 9:48:41 AM
Nevermind the rest of the world, the are still places in the US that have crappy and/or slow internet, not to mention bandwidth caps. It seems ridiculous to buy a machine for so much if it turns into a plastic Brock the second you leave WiFi range or lose connection for whatever reason. All that is on top of whether its on to spy on us all the damn time for the government or whore off out personal data which can now watch and listen due to mandatory Kinect.
disregarding the paranoid stuff, as some of their patents indicated - is it "ok" for Kinect to count how many people are watching a movie with you and then charge you MORE for the film you rent?