This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't really see the problem with "always online."

#331Nmilek1Posted 4/9/2013 7:21:24 AM
Problem with always online outside of the obvious is that it is both ways, maintenance, overloaded servers, crashes enjoy your downtime.
#332Rideps1Posted 4/9/2013 7:39:24 AM
Dev445 posted...
Damn this topic still going. I bet any amount of money some of y'all will still buy it when it comes out. Complain about the rurmors now but when they reveal it and talk about some of the benefits of always online, some will hop back on the Xbox brand.

You may not even have to be online all the time to play some games; we'll see come May 21

May not have to be isn't the point. We are supposed to be discussing always online etc. You should know this you made the damn topic.
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M
#333Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 7:49:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#334Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 7:55:53 AM
StockpileThomas posted...
Dev445 posted...
If I'm a empty-headed buffoon , then you must be a mindless moron. Basing something off of rumors instead of facts.

To each there own.

You're doing the exact same thing! So not only have you accepted that you are an "empty-headed buffoon", but you've also branded yourself a "mindless moron" in the same post. It's no wonder you fail to grasp the incredibly simple logic to why people don't want it.

I don't believe it will happen anyway, MS risking billions over a feature that nobody wants is highly unlikely.

This doesn't even make sense. Look at you trying to sound smart. I pretty much grasp the situation, I just don't think its as bad as most people around here believe it is. There are things we don't even know about yet as far as online always.

People just jumped to conclusions without knowing all the details.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#335Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 7:59:39 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Sgt_Foley posted...
Nice trolling, TC.

No. The pitiful thing is Dev445 REALLY believes this. Yes, he is THAT shortsighted.

Sad.

What's sad is your Username.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#336Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 8:04:55 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Dev445 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
The TC doesn't care about facts, he's a planted shill (or a totally clueless fanbot) trying to spin things into a positive light and he's failing miserably.

Ok what the hell is a shill, that's new. Never heard that before. I see now you have fallen back on insults Nice!

Denial and feigning ignorance is usually the first sign of hitting the nail on the head.

:D

Microsoft employs MANY "shills" on their own forum boards to put a positive spin on everything from Automatic Renewal to the cancellation of fan favorite games like "1 vs 100".

Of course they would not be beyond using the same measures on similarly large enough fan websites filled with their demographic. Whether that is the case here in this and like-minded threads though begs the age old question: Is the TC really that foolish?

On GameFaqs, you just never know...

Man got another person who are just so full of themselves. If anyone who has a different opinion than you, then you just label them as an idiot or "shills" (whatever the hell that is). You must got a lot of friends don't ya.
---
#337SirLemontPosted 4/9/2013 9:04:16 AM
He still doesn't get it...poor thing...
#338ThatGuyZPosted 4/9/2013 9:33:33 AM
SirLemont posted...
He still doesn't get it...poor thing...

You can lead a jackass to water...doesn't mean the poor thing'll drink.
---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#339ILikesCheesePosted 4/9/2013 9:37:11 AM
Dev445 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Sgt_Foley posted...
Nice trolling, TC.

No. The pitiful thing is Dev445 REALLY believes this. Yes, he is THAT shortsighted.

Sad.

What's sad is your Username.

What, getting tired of refusing to address your critics and saying "always online is full of roses and butterflies" all the time? Resulting to username attacks on those who have gotten the better of you now? And really..."Dev445" is such a generic, forgettable name, signifying nothing to anyone else but you. Mine is at least memorable. :p
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#340LeonSK357Posted 4/9/2013 9:38:34 AM
rofflchopper posted...
If you consider rumors "signs", then sure..... But on a side note, saying there are zero pros just shows your bias. That being said, it's obvious that the cons outweigh the pros.

Also, my post wasn't directed at you. It was obviously directed at those "freaking out about rumors". But if you want to include yourself in that group, you're more than welcome to.

Rumors, certain 'important' people's reactions, info leaks from credible sources, I'd consider those signs. Are the signs absolutely correct? Never said that, nor implied it.

To refer to my original post, "You missed the point"

Bias? Surely. I've had zero interest in Xbox since its original release, only ever playing one at friends' houses because they needed someone to cover for them while they went to the bathroom/to get food/etc. However, just because I have my own opinion doesn't mean I'm only going to talk crap about a product and focus on all the negatives instead of the positives. I happen to enjoy the idea of fairness, what with presenting ALL the facts regardless of my personal opinion and such. When it comes to Always-Online, there simply aren't any pros that are exclusive to the condition of Always-Online.

For the last part, I didn't include myself in that group because I'm not freaking out. Hell, I already know I won't be buying any more Xbox consoles, new or old. I was conned into buying a 360 only to end up..... Well..... Let's just say the military has its benefits and offers some very creative solutions when you wish to remove a problem. But I digress. Again, I turn to my original post. " We ARE, however, DISCUSSING the potential PROS/CONS to a system which has MANDATORY ALWAYS-ONLINE."

ILikesCheese posted...
Games like Call of Duty or anything from EA and Ubisoft have their own server system for the games. However, Xbox Live itself works as a hub, connecting you the player to the individual company's server. Other games that use a Player to Player based system, like Dark Souls for instance, have no server strictly speaking and work entirely over Xbox Live.

This is why EA can dictate that Madden 2007 is no longer able to be played online because they shut down their servers. Conversely, a game like Blur using P2P can be played as long as Microsoft keeps all things 360 running even though the developer has gone out of business.

I suppose I should've also clarified that, so thank you for clearing it up. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to try and get technical after two days of almost no sleep.
---
Damnit, who left the shed open? The tools are all over GameFAQs again!
http://i.imgur.com/fqsdGX8.gif