This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will there even be that much difference between 720 and PS4?

#21Deathx113Posted 4/8/2013 5:29:33 PM
midgar posted...
midgar posted...
The PS3 had a s*** ton of games not on any other platform. The 360 had a few too, but fewer.

And yet, the list of exclusives on the 360 is larger than the list of PS3 exclusives.

Must be nice on whatever world you come from that uses backwards logic.

Quality > quantity.

You missed the point, that being that obviously a hell of a lot more than a handful of titles separated the two. I hate that assumption, as it's not true.

So 360 has more quality and a bigger quantity? Double win, baby.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#22midgarPosted 4/8/2013 5:35:20 PM

Anyway, next get the only exclusives we are likely to well see are first party ones. That is, the core Sony/Microsoft brands, such as Halo, Killzone, Forza, Gran Turismo, Gears, Uncharted, etc.

Honestly, I hated inFamous, prefer FM4 to GT, and didn't get into KZ. Not big on Halo or Gears though, but loved UC and God of War.

It's the other titles that made the difference, outside of the core brands. Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain, MGS, MAG (my fave FPS this
gen), 3D Dot Game Heroes, Demon's Souls, Ni No Kuni, and upcoming titles like The Last of Us, Beyond: TW, etc. Both have their fair
share of great titles outside of the core brands, and I personally think that's where they win/lose. People who are a fan of gears and
halo or going to inevitably buy a 720, just like people will buy PS4 for their franchises. What tips the scales is what else fleshes out
the library outside of the flagship franchises. I'll eventually own all 3, since every system will have it's share of must play games.

tl;dr While many are, not everyone is sold on core brands alone.
---
[This sig has been stabbed by Ray Lewis]
#23midgarPosted 4/8/2013 5:37:38 PM

For you maybe, and that's okay. However, I disagree. My 360 wasn't much more than a Forza/ToV player for me, this gen. :Shrug: Just
saying, tastes vary, so it's subjective. Still, the fact that opinions vary on this (like ours) only proves that the difference is more than marginal.
---
#24CapwnDPosted 4/8/2013 5:40:54 PM
Greer is so bad even greer pretends to not be greer.

It would be funny if it wasn't true.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#25SazukeEXPosted 4/8/2013 5:44:59 PM
Deathx113 posted...
midgar posted...
midgar posted...
The PS3 had a s*** ton of games not on any other platform. The 360 had a few too, but fewer.

And yet, the list of exclusives on the 360 is larger than the list of PS3 exclusives.

Must be nice on whatever world you come from that uses backwards logic.

Quality > quantity.

You missed the point, that being that obviously a hell of a lot more than a handful of titles separated the two. I hate that assumption, as it's not true.

If you like FPS only.

Zing!
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#26TheBonfiniPosted 4/8/2013 5:46:27 PM
I'm pretty sure ms has not revealed specs yet. Stay tuned.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#27ARsignal11Posted 4/8/2013 5:48:55 PM
I personally think both of these consoles are going to be very similar. The only differences will be the games.
#28midgarPosted 4/8/2013 7:09:44 PM
Luckily that's the only difference that matters, and the only reason to buy both.
---