This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adam Orth killed the Nextbox

#31FredSavage27Posted 4/9/2013 9:29:05 AM
Jonny2284 posted...
benjimain posted...
sockesocke posted...
its still just a rumor

Not it's not, for f*** sake. At this point, it's no longer just a rumor. Just stop with this reassurance nonsense.

Then show me a confirmation (and I mean an actual written confirmation, not a "I don't see the problem with this idea" tweet). Until then it is indeed just a rumour.

- Rumour persists for months to a near-universally negative reaction
- Microsoft employee spreads said negative rumour about their own console.
- Given the perfect opportunity to deny the rumour (that's been going around for months and one of their employees helped spread), Microsoft instead issues a half-assed apology for his tone while avoiding the real issue everyone's concerned about.

I don't see why people insist on putting this rumour on the same level as "some guy made it up".
#32Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 4/9/2013 9:29:14 AM
y000012500 posted...
CaPwnD posted...
Who are all you kids?

lol wait nevermind..... The smell of candy and urine... a nintendo fanboy.

Trust us, Nintendo fanboys wouldn't be caught dead outside the Nintendo board.

If anything, we're Xbox fan packing our bags to move to Sony. Or just plain Sony Fans.

I'm a very proud Nintendo Fanboy that owns a 360 and I can't stand the Wii U board. It's filled with people complaining and whining. Doom and gloom everywhere. It's lucky I cannot tie a noose because I just want to hang myself after visiting it.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#33chuckboston2k3Posted 4/9/2013 9:33:17 AM
benjimain posted...
Look up a man called Paul Thurrott. He's a guy who has that much information leaked to him from his source at Microsoft, he needs his own website to contain it, and guess what sweetie? You ready? Pssst... *whispers* "He's never been fed misinformation".

Want more? How about the two MS employees carefully wording a confirmation so as to not break their NDA?

All of this is aside from Orth getting up on Twitter and mouthing off!

Lol, "sweetie". That's cute.

Problem is, it is still a rumor. Even if this guy's track record is 100%, nothing has been confirmed as of now.

Also, if he is correct, there is no clarification as to what the purpose of the online connection is. Could it be it is necessary to stream TV content that MS an Xbox has eluded to with the Xbox TV division? Makes sense to me. Thay would require an always-on status in order to stream live TV. Just like Roku, just like Apple TV, etc.

You see, MS isn't just competing with Sony and Nintendo this time around, they have bigger fish to fry in their sights.
---
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: DrHeinzDoof PSN: OptimusDad
#34Jonny2284Posted 4/9/2013 9:33:37 AM
FredSavage27 posted...
Jonny2284 posted...
benjimain posted...
sockesocke posted...
its still just a rumor

Not it's not, for f*** sake. At this point, it's no longer just a rumor. Just stop with this reassurance nonsense.

Then show me a confirmation (and I mean an actual written confirmation, not a "I don't see the problem with this idea" tweet). Until then it is indeed just a rumour.

- Rumour persists for months to a near-universally negative reaction
- Microsoft employee spreads said negative rumour about their own console.
- Given the perfect opportunity to deny the rumour (that's been going around for months and one of their employees helped spread), Microsoft instead issues a half-assed apology for his tone while avoiding the real issue everyone's concerned about.

I don't see why people insist on putting this rumour on the same level as "some guy made it up".

Because a lack of denial is still not an affirmation. I will not be at all surprised when a credible source confirms the online requirement given Microsoft's vision of their hardware as the center of your living room setup but until said source comes along rumoured features and requirements are just that.
#35deimos91Posted 4/9/2013 9:35:21 AM
Grischnak posted...
if you ever wondered what commercial suicide looks like, here it is.
looks like this gen will be a big ol' punchup between WiiU and PS4.

That's a good one. Wii U = Nintendo's Sega Saturn. No amount of fail on Microsoft's part will ever doom it as much as Nintendo has doomed the Wii U.

nowhere near it the wiiu will take time to gain steam just like every other console since the 64
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#36Tube_of_NoobPosted 4/9/2013 9:36:40 AM
I honestly dont care all that much about all the things the tc listed. What I want are quality exclusives. Thats what will decide my "vote" next gen.
---
Rick Grimes for President 2016
Plyometrics is the Devil!
#37benjimainPosted 4/9/2013 9:37:13 AM
chuckboston2k3 posted...
You see, MS isn't just competing with Sony and Nintendo this time around, they have bigger fish to fry in their sights.

LOL spoken like a true Microsoft apologist, speaking like he's a part of the big ol' company with a god complex and as if they care about him.

This is why I cannot wait for them to fall flat on their face and see posters like you scurry from the board, since you wouldn't have the guts to stick around and admit your folly.
#38deimos91Posted 4/9/2013 9:39:54 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
Grischnak posted...
if you ever wondered what commercial suicide looks like, here it is.
looks like this gen will be a big ol' punchup between WiiU and PS4.

That's a good one. Wii U = Nintendo's Sega Saturn. No amount of fail on Microsoft's part will ever doom it as much as Nintendo has doomed the Wii U.

if there's anything you should have learned from the 3DS is that it's never wise to count out a console because of a slow start
all the WiiU needs is a price drop and a few 1st party games.
the nextbox, though, is doomed to fail from the start. DRM + no used games = dead system no matter what the library and power will be

i agree halo was the only reason i got a 360 but if the next one is gonaa be DRM,ed up i will wait for it to get dirt cheap or go back to sony
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#39chuckboston2k3Posted 4/9/2013 9:43:10 AM
benjimain posted...
chuckboston2k3 posted...

LOL spoken like a true Microsoft apologist, speaking like he's a part of the big ol' company with a god complex and as if they care about him.

This is why I cannot wait for them to fall flat on their face and see posters like you scurry from the board, since you wouldn't have the guts to stick around and admit your folly.

I couldn't care less about MS as a company. I am interested in products that I enjoy and make my life better.

I own a 360, a Wii, a PS3, as well as Apple TV and Roku.

I like technology. I like entertainment. I don't care who "wins".
---
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: DrHeinzDoof PSN: OptimusDad
#40benjimainPosted 4/9/2013 9:46:42 AM
chuckboston2k3 posted...
I don't care who "wins".

Riiight.