This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBox 720 Not Backwards Compatible?

#11Arucard05Posted 4/9/2013 6:14:12 AM
At this point I'm waiting to hear something, anything, good about the next Xbox. BC is pretty important for me going forward. Before, it was a matter of convenience, but with DD becoming more of a thing I'd like to think my purchases are more abiding.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#12mrhappyguy12345Posted 4/9/2013 6:22:09 AM
Now where the hell is ILikesCheese? That guy flamed the hell out of me when I claimed there would be no bc. Who's the idiot now?
---
Farting in the garden with my peepee
#13mrhappyguy12345Posted 4/9/2013 6:25:18 AM
BrutalBrocken posted...
Well May 21 were supposed to hear the official announcement and BANANA there is supposed to be a new $99 Xbox 360 being released in November

It's probably going to be the payment plan xbox, where you pay $99 up front then have to sign up for live for a few years at higher to pay off the real price of the xbox. I hope not, bc it would be nice to keep an extra xbox or two laying around just in case.
---
Farting in the garden with my peepee
#14richboy900Posted 4/9/2013 7:53:44 AM
BrutalBrocken posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...

Sorry the link is in mobile format, I'm on a phone.

Apology not accepted.

:P

I didn't really ever think BC would be happening - it would have been nice, but I'm planning on keeping my 360 anyway - possibly buying a new one when the prices go down.

BC never was a real priority to me, i keep every system i own

True. Plus games will always run better on the old systems they were intended to than using emulaters in newer systems.
#15RPG_Apostle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 7:56:46 AM
richboy900 posted...
BrutalBrocken posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...

Sorry the link is in mobile format, I'm on a phone.

Apology not accepted.

I didn't really ever think BC would be happening - it would have been nice, but I'm planning on keeping my 360 anyway - possibly buying a new one when the prices go down.

BC never was a real priority to me, i keep every system i own

True. Plus games will always run better on the old systems they were intended to than using emulaters in newer systems.

True.

However, a lot of people were planning on trading in their old console for the new one. Now that's going to change.
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#16NeojianXPosted 4/9/2013 8:27:17 AM(edited)
The X360 is not really Xbox BC out of the box either. Damn shame the X360 S is not Xbox BC out of the box. You have to go online and DL a patch for each Xbox game it seemed.

Hell the NA 60gb PS3 was not really PS2 game BC out of the box either. You had to buy a $19.99 one use only Sony PS3 adapter, just to put the PS2 memory cards on the PS3.

So to remove that PS2 BC from the PS3 with an update has Sony ass out. It more Vitas in used games stores and pawn shops than is being played. Ha ha ha ha! Then have the nerve to have JP only Tales games for the Vita?! : )

... and now both are trying to push online only systems. Please! : ) Nintendo doing Sony phony things has caused them some problems also. XD
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#17DakhanavarXPosted 4/9/2013 8:29:10 AM
Arucard05 posted...
At this point I'm waiting to hear something, anything, good about the next Xbox. BC is pretty important for me going forward. Before, it was a matter of convenience, but with DD becoming more of a thing I'd like to think my purchases are more abiding.

Kinda this. I take most of these negative rumors with a bag of salt, but I'd be ok with a couple of positive rumors just to mix it up a little.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#18IzecPosted 4/9/2013 8:42:41 AM
While this is bad news at least it's nothing unexpected.

A shame the 360 has such a horrible failure rate though, just "keeping your old system" probably won't work well here.
---
Placeholder Text
#19ILikesCheesePosted 4/9/2013 8:54:02 AM
BC would be nice and convenient, so we don't have to clutter up our cabinets and TV consoles with half a dozen systems. Right now I have a 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, cable box, blu ray player and center speaker on my two row, 60+ inch TV stand, and the idea of adding one or two more game consoles is....aggravating to say the least.

But it's not a deal breaker and I can understand why companies are moving away from that.

Required connectivity to the net IS a deal breaker though. But there's more than enough topics and discussion about that around these parts for now.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#20ILikesCheesePosted 4/9/2013 9:00:54 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Now where the hell is ILikesCheese? That guy flamed the hell out of me when I claimed there would be no bc. Who's the idiot now?

I didn't disagree with you that there wouldn't be BC, just that there should be in my opinion.

But I can see reason and adapt my viewpoints on subjects at times instead of remaining rigid and unmoving in my convictions, and that's the case now. It also helps that 1) there is a bigger buggaboo about in the "required internet" insanity to get upset over (and cause me to switch my purchasing plans to a PS4) and, 2) a $99 Xbox 360 at the launch of the new console is an acceptable alternative.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?