This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

yet another canceled megaman game

#31RetroFanGirlPosted 4/9/2013 3:04:09 PM
Rezzman posted...
Why does EVERYTHING have to be an FPS/TPS this generation?

TPS could probably work if they tried, though they canceled the last one.
---
Hi.
#32Oldskool_RulezPosted 4/9/2013 3:05:20 PM
Oh Capcom, I grew up with you and you were my favorite company. That feels like a lifetime ago. Now Capcom, like my Grandpa, you are getting old and senile. You don't even recognize your own child, Mega Man, anymore.

And us loyal Capcom / Mega Man fans had to watch everything unfold into chaos. We showed our support for new Mega Man games, but Capcom didn't care. F*** you Capcom. You were once a great company, but now you are garbage.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
#33runuts27Posted 4/9/2013 3:10:01 PM
Not sure how a mini gun with infinite ammo is more realistic than an x-buster.
---
I'm interested in this...
#34RPG_ApostlePosted 4/9/2013 4:40:48 PM
Oldskool_Rulez posted...
Oh Capcom, I grew up with you and you were my favorite company. That feels like a lifetime ago. Now Capcom, like my Grandpa, you are getting old and senile. You don't even recognize your own child, Mega Man, anymore.

And us loyal Capcom / Mega Man fans had to watch everything unfold into chaos. We showed our support for new Mega Man games, but Capcom didn't care. F*** you Capcom. You were once a great company, but now you are garbage.

This.

P.S.
Capcom, eat a dick.
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#35ukokira1Posted 4/9/2013 4:41:44 PM
ZeoDefender posted...
I'd rather Mega Man die than receive the Bomberman: Act Zero treatment.

Metroid translated to Metroid prime pretty great. Why not Mega Man?
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#36cloudriveraPosted 4/9/2013 5:33:46 PM
To be fair, the game obviously wasn't finished so any resemblance wouldn't have been there yet. I think a non-linear FPS would have been a breath of fresh air. Being able to choose whatever level we wanted and getting new weapons while defeating bosses and finding new armor would have been great. It wouldn't be a linear shooter that's for sure.
---
currently playing: The Witcher 2, One Piece: Pirate Warriors
#37JuhanorPosted 4/10/2013 8:56:10 AM
I don't think a dark X-based FPS is a bad idea. After Classic, everything pretty much went to hell for that timeline; when someone tried to take over the world, it wasn't "Oh no, Wily is making everyone sick with his roboenza! Let's save the day! Hurray!"

After Classic, it was more like "Oh no! Weil is genociding innocent Reploids again! He just shot a missile into a town of civilians!"

At this point, I'd pretty much support any new MM game, and to be frank, this one looked kinda awesome.
#38SR71haloPosted 4/10/2013 9:00:21 AM
That game actually looked decent, but I somehow see Megaman fans raging over the design choice (that looked nothing like Megaman).
---
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
#39Arucard05Posted 4/10/2013 9:10:26 AM

The only thing that changed in that transition was perspective. This game looks not at all like the kind of thing that I enjoy about Mega Man.

It could have been a good game. We'll never know. It would have been something entirely different either way.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham
#40RPG_ApostlePosted 4/10/2013 9:16:42 AM
Arucard05 posted...

The only thing that changed in that transition was perspective. This game looks not at all like the kind of thing that I enjoy about Mega Man.

It could have been a good game. We'll never know. It would have been something entirely different either way.

I will take ANY mega man game at this point. Just.... something.
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator