This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to be a fanboy of a gaming generation?

#1MvC_HooliganPosted 4/9/2013 2:15:53 PM
Discuss question
#2SunDevil77Posted 4/9/2013 2:21:07 PM
Very easily. All the people claiming this gen was "garbage"
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#3DualShooter23Posted 4/9/2013 2:22:27 PM
Oh ya. I say a lot people are. For example most older gamers would say that the NES SNES were the days. That no other generation will ever compete with it. I however think that Ps2 xbox, gamecube generation was the best in my eyes so far. I hope that is what your asking haha. Idk if I'm a "fanboy" of it though.......hmmm
#4GGearXPosted 4/9/2013 2:24:23 PM
I know I'm a little fanboy. I get spanked when I defend my console .

TC I can be your little fanboy.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#5BrutalBrockenPosted 4/9/2013 2:24:39 PM
Absolutely, I'm a huge 16 bit fanboy
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#6Killah PriestPosted 4/9/2013 2:25:10 PM
definitely

I mean ps2 era being the best? please
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#7gabriusPosted 4/9/2013 2:25:50 PM
Sure it is.

People always mistakenly say that the SNES/Genesis era was the best.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#8DualShooter23Posted 4/9/2013 2:26:22 PM
gabrius posted...
Sure it is.

lol
#9richboy900Posted 4/9/2013 2:36:28 PM
DualShooter23 posted...
Oh ya. I say a lot people are. For example most older gamers would say that the NES SNES were the days. That no other generation will ever compete with it. I however think that Ps2 xbox, gamecube generation was the best in my eyes so far. I hope that is what your asking haha. Idk if I'm a "fanboy" of it though.......hmmm

Agree, I loved 6th gen. I had the ps2 and the xbox and I quickly became an xbox fanboy. I liked the way it was so powerful- based on a computer and the games on both the xbox and ps2 were just brilliant.

Being honest I only started gaming with the ps1 so I missed out on the good old days. Great games back on that as well like crash team racing and tekken 3.
#10UnderratedGamerPosted 4/14/2013 1:27:35 AM
gabrius posted...
Sure it is.

Depends. If we're talking about which gen had the best gaming library, i'd say that 4th and 5th gen were pretty innovative with their gaming library.

If we're talking about technology, then no. The simple jump to this gen is the biggest leap of faith ever achieved in gaming. Motion controls, online gaming (not saying systems before DIDN'T have it; just that it implemented it with most games this gen since last), and the digital upgrade in picture and sound. Now those are some impressive feats.

But I do have to give it to the older games being in general better (by a small margin). But if any genre in the 90's is without a doubt better than today's same genre, it has to be JRPG's. You can't honestly look at 7th gen JRPG's and say with a straight face that they are better than 4th, 5th, and 6th gen JRPG's.
---
Regardless of what anyone says, everyone in the world is an Agnostic considering what we truly know.