This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

console>>>>>>>>>>P C

#51JelDeRebelPosted 4/11/2013 7:56:53 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
JelDeRebel posted...
Piracy is also easier to do on PC, you could pay nothing for most games.

And you are the very reason some great devs go out of business.

I said it's easier. I didn't say I pirate games.

considering I buy all my games new, and I have no pirated games i'm obviously the reason devs going out of business
---
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/JelDeRebel.png
#52stekim40Posted 4/11/2013 8:07:50 AM
TC is either trolling or never had a 'decent' PC.
---
Xyzzy!
#53ukokira1Posted 4/11/2013 11:01:43 AM
JelDeRebel posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
JelDeRebel posted...

And you are the very reason some great devs go out of business.

I said it's easier. I didn't say I pirate games.

considering I buy all my games new, and I have no pirated games i'm obviously the reason devs going out of business

Why encourage piracy at all?
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#54ukokira1Posted 4/11/2013 11:06:24 AM
CapwnD posted...
Pc>Console in every possible way

No. For playing media? no. not for 95% of the people out there.

If you're' going to tell me no, then your one of those 95%.

PC media: YouTube, other video sharing sites, ITunes, Steam, multiple different file support, DVD, Bluray, CD
console media: store, crappy version of YouTube mobile, Bluray, DVD, CD (until next gen that is)

Yeah console is like totally superior for media (sarcasm)
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#55PraetorXynPosted 4/11/2013 12:51:56 PM
ukokira1 posted...
CapwnD posted...

PC media: YouTube, other video sharing sites, ITunes, Steam, multiple different file support, DVD, Bluray, CD
console media: store, crappy version of YouTube mobile, Bluray, DVD, CD (until next gen that is)

You forgot H264 encoded 10-bit MKV's and such as well for PC.

That being said, anyone claiming that the 360/PS3 offer a better, or even different, experience than PC's is ignorant. PS2, GameCube, and to a lesser extend the Wii were the last actual "consoles". What I mean is during that era, the games on the PS2 and GameCube were a vastly different set of games than what was available on PC, which made both PC and consoles worth owning. The original Xbox was a gimpy PC; most of the "exclusives" people cite for the Xbox, like the Bioware games, etc. were available on PC.

The most obvious example I can think of to point this out is Deus Ex: Invisible War. It was developed for the Xbox, and proted to PC. It looks slightly better than its predecessor, seeing as how it's a number of years newer, but it's almost universally hated. One of the biggest reasons for that is the limitations of the Xbox made the areas in the game so small that you hit a Loading screen almost every 30 seconds on PC.

This trend continued with the 360 and PS3; this generation, pretty much all the console games worth owner are available on PC with 1080p or higher resolution and 60 FPS, plus mods. The libraries really aren't "special" for console, aside from a few exclusives. Even Japanese developers are starting to release some games for PC, though I lost my taste for new JRPG's after FFX.

The PS4 literally is just a low-to-mid range PC with a closed operating system. It has an x86-64 CPU architecture just like PC's, it has *gasp* GDDR5 RAM which has been used on PC graphics cards for many years, and it has an APU using the same architecture as tablet hardware.

Before it's even released, the PS4 has been outclassed by current PC's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gtfCWYjOsvI

TL;DR: There aren't "PC's" and "Consoles" anymore, there are only "PC's" and "gimpy PC's"
#56therickmu25Posted 4/11/2013 1:09:41 PM
Deathx113 posted...
PCs are for lonely people that only care about being better than others.

Lol, I'm sorry but this makes you sound like you're not better than anyone at anything and your jelously is leading to blind ignorance.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#57NemerlightPosted 4/11/2013 4:16:48 PM

Bastard.
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#58CapwnDPosted 4/11/2013 5:19:48 PM
CapwnD posted...

Yes. For most people out there, yes it is.

Explain to me how watching DVDs or non HD video (which most video is) is more superior on a computer. Remember, I already know the answer.

Sure browsing websites is easier on a computer, but when one says using for media I would assume we're talking about music and games.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#59PraetorXynPosted 4/11/2013 5:44:34 PM
CapwnD posted...
CapwnD posted...

Explain to me how watching DVDs or non HD video (which most video is) is more superior on a computer. Remember, I already know the answer.

Sure browsing websites is easier on a computer, but when one says using for media I would assume we're talking about music and games.

Anything that's "non-HD" on a computer is "non-HD" on a console. All streaming video looks like **** really. DVD's and BluRays, no difference except you have much finer control over video settings on PC.

For "most people", "HD" means 1080i in the case of TV, and 1080p in the case of BluRay.

Not that these will look better on PC, but then you have support for H264 10-bit video and such on PC that consoles are incapable of rendering. The PS3 is also incapable of playing FLAC music, as I've personally tested that one at my friend's house.

In short, the PC is no worse, and arguably better for "most people", and much better for those who actually know what they're doing and want the most options possible.
#60CapwnDPosted 4/11/2013 6:10:41 PM(edited)
CapwnD posted...
CapwnD posted...

Anything that's "non-HD" on a computer is "non-HD" on a console. All streaming video looks like **** really. DVD's and BluRays, no difference except you have much finer control over video settings on PC.

For "most people", "HD" means 1080i in the case of TV, and 1080p in the case of BluRay.

Not that these will look better on PC, but then you have support for H264 10-bit video and such on PC that consoles are incapable of rendering. The PS3 is also incapable of playing FLAC music, as I've personally tested that one at my friend's house.

In short, the PC is no worse, and arguably better for "most people", and much better for those who actually know what they're doing and want the most options possible.

Yes it's also non-HD on a console. And the console upscales it and make it look better than a PC can, unless you know what you are doing on PC. It's more than just fine tuning. I guarantee you, most people are not doing it right. When you go to a PC board and people are suggesting that the mobo's onboard video is fine for a media PC... you know they're not doing it right.

All steaming looks like S***? Really? Because I'm watching lots of 720p streaming of netflix and amazon on my Roku box, some stuff that you cannot watch in 720p from PC. And you can't get 5.1 audio on PC for netflix and amazon either.

Yes, FLAC and .mkv files are better on PC. I never argued otherwise. I said that for 95% of people a console is going to display their media better than a PC. Bluray is fine on either.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh