This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adam Orth has been fired

#71OmgitsMarioPosted 4/10/2013 7:14:19 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
OmgitsMario posted...
I don't see what the big fuss is about in regards to what he said! He said that always on isn't a big problem and people are over exaggerating. Then he says too bad to people that live in unreliable areas with bad connection. Nowhere in that do I see anything that calls for him to be fired. I'm pretty sure people deserve to have their own opinions. If he decides to put down people that live in less urban areas, good for him. Microsoft has no right to fire him like that.

Yes they do, it's called an NDA and he just broke it. He essentially confirmed the always online and he was speaking about his work which essentially means he is speaking for the company, all bad things you shouldn't do if you value your employment.

I don't see where he broke it. In no spot did he confirm anything. He commented on a heated debate, not laid out the specs/plans for a new system. He specifically brings up examples that don't have anything to do with their new console. If he said something like, "Our new system is most likely going to be always online" then that'd be a problem. All he said was that nowadays it's not a big deal, since most things are always connected to the internet.
---
An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself.
#72SocranPosted 4/10/2013 7:15:13 PM
OmgitsMario posted...
I don't see what the big fuss is about in regards to what he said! He said that always on isn't a big problem and people are over exaggerating. Then he says too bad to people that live in unreliable areas with bad connection. Nowhere in that do I see anything that calls for him to be fired. I'm pretty sure people deserve to have their own opinions. If he decides to put down people that live in less urban areas, good for him. Microsoft has no right to fire him like that.

He wasn't fired for defending the constant connection. He was fired for apparently indirectly confirming that it was a thing, when Microsoft is supposedly still trying to keep it a secret.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#73Masterchief5525Posted 4/10/2013 7:16:48 PM
That guy deserved to get fired
#74d3z1i0bPosted 4/10/2013 7:25:03 PM
The walking dead season finale was underwhelming, to say the least.
#75Ampharos64Posted 4/10/2013 7:26:47 PM
Not a surprise really. His comments really were idiotic and may have harmed Microsoft, not exactly what someone working in PR for them is supposed to aim for. Do feel a bit bad for him though. He should have stopped and remembered that his comments were public, some people just don't seem to get that about the internet. >_<
#76ServarePosted 4/10/2013 7:29:44 PM
this topic is full of win
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#77ChargeMan1991Posted 4/10/2013 7:29:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
---
"I killed fitty men!" - Cotton Hill
#78Super CreaturesPosted 4/10/2013 7:33:27 PM
Ampharos64 posted...
not exactly what someone working in PR for them is supposed to aim for.

He wasn't PR though.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#79Ampharos64Posted 4/10/2013 7:38:04 PM
Super Creatures posted...
He wasn't PR though.

Ah, so I see, my bad.
#80josh924Posted 4/10/2013 8:18:13 PM
Sheepinator posted...
shishiomakoto posted...
Guy who joined MS a year ago and had nothing to do with the decision to go always online, and merely spoke the company line a month too early, is gone. The mob wins. Congratulations!
Was the company line explicitly telling consumers to "Deal with it"? Was it his job to tell consumers that? Was he under direction/orders?

It was a conversation with a friend. He screwed up by having that conversation in public.

Why do people keep saying that? He started off by something like "I don't get what the big deal is about always online". Its only after that when the guy from BioWare gets involved.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.