This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Beacons are such a nuisance on the dashboard

#1L0ZPosted 4/10/2013 7:45:35 PM
*goes to friends tab on dashboard*
Oh cool this guy is playing battlefield 3 i think ill join him
*wants people to play flashes on the screen*

why show me what another person wants people to play instead of what they are really playing?
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#2SparkItUpPosted 4/10/2013 8:06:07 PM
agreed...beacons should only go off if they are actually playing that game...

on a side note...how are those coop missions coming along for you TC?
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#3TheMuffinPosted 4/10/2013 8:06:37 PM
Beacons really were one of the stupidest ideas that came with that dashboard update. At the very least, would it have killed them to have something where if you start up a game that someone else has a beacon set for, that it would pop up and say "hey RIMJOBXXX" is looking for folks to play that game. Would you like to send a game invite?"
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#4L0Z(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 8:59:13 PM
the 3rd one which for some reason the chopper never arrives at the end. so it is unbeatable
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#5SparkItUpPosted 4/10/2013 11:00:00 PM
L0Z posted...
the 3rd one which for some reason the chopper never arrives at the end. so it is unbeatable

if you have a mic (i don't) , would love to play w/ ya sometime...figure just as long as one of us can call the shot count (for the achievement), it should work...

yeah i had an issue (at least we thought we did) with that same thing when I played it with someone...we got through the final gunfight on the ground and it just seemed to take forever...all of the sudden however they opened up from the buildings (took about 3 or 4 minutes after the last ground battle though)...I thought it had glitched on us
---
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#6Red OrcPosted 4/10/2013 11:02:35 PM
How dare you talk badly about bacon!
#7karvinyereizowtPosted 4/10/2013 11:17:17 PM
One stupid thing they never fixed was the beacon for Netflix when they axed the party theatre thing. So it still says so n so wants you to watch Netflix when you can't even watch it together anymore.

STUPID!!!
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#8RenamonPosted 4/10/2013 11:26:29 PM(edited)
TheMuffin posted...
Beacons really were one of the stupidest ideas that came with that dashboard update. At the very least, would it have killed them to have something where if you start up a game that someone else has a beacon set for, that it would pop up and say "hey RIMJOBXXX" is looking for folks to play that game. Would you like to send a game invite?"

Uh, it already does that? It sounds like that's what the topic creator is talking about too. So I don't see the problem?

---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#9staticxtreme5Posted 4/10/2013 11:26:05 PM
Yeah beacons are stupid. I'd rather see what my friends are playing at a glance like the old days.
#10SparkItUpPosted 4/10/2013 11:37:51 PM
Renamon posted...
TheMuffin posted...

Uh, it already does that? It sounds like that's what the topic creator is talking about too. So I don't see the problem?

what they are saying is, it sucks that it says they want to play games that they aren't playing....

like I can have a beacon set "Spark is looking for friends to play Battlefield 3"...but I am actually playing Call of Duty at the time. It makes no sense for the beacon to be active if the person that set a beacon for game A is actually playing game B.
---