This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are Microsoft Points non-transferrable?

#11DougEInstructorPosted 4/11/2013 3:35:14 AM
Renamon posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Renamon posted...
Go to store
Buy MS Points card
Give card to freind

OMG I just gifted points!

Or sit at desk, buy instant code from amazon, message code to friend

That may be true, but people need to get off their lazy asses and go outside anyway. :)

its scary outside
#12JGA1980Posted 4/11/2013 5:19:16 AM
To prevent people from trading points to friends in other territories (where the price of MSP will be different).
To prevent people from gambling and betting on the outcome of competitive matches (which could cause legal trouble for Microsoft).
To stop people scamming and using XBLA to sell services and to prevent people being able to launder money by selling and trading MSP.

Giving everyone on XBL the ability to trade currency, particularly across international borders, causes a lot more problems than it solves.
#13Dragon NexusPosted 4/11/2013 6:45:37 AM
They tried it a few years back
When people got hijacked all their money went towards gifting millions of points to an account they'd never heard of.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#14TheBlueStigPosted 4/11/2013 8:21:10 AM
JGA1980 posted...
To prevent people from trading points to friends in other territories (where the price of MSP will be different).
To prevent people from gambling and betting on the outcome of competitive matches (which could cause legal trouble for Microsoft).
To stop people scamming and using XBLA to sell services and to prevent people being able to launder money by selling and trading MSP.

Giving everyone on XBL the ability to trade currency, particularly across international borders, causes a lot more problems than it solves.

Laundering money? Since you can't get cash back once you buy points that theory is f***ing lame.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#15FedoraDExploraPosted 4/11/2013 8:59:58 AM
I have 10msp in my account I can't seem to get rid of...**** them for setting the points prices so that that measly 10msp will never go away...

I'd gift it to someone in a heart beat if I could just so I don't have to see them anymore.
---
http://tinyurl.com/cv6a76d
#16Dragon NexusPosted 4/11/2013 9:11:25 AM
Laundering money? Since you can't get cash back once you buy points that theory is f***ing lame.

Sell the accounts to kids.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#17JGA1980Posted 4/11/2013 7:25:25 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
JGA1980 posted...

What is this topic about? It's about gifting Microsoft Points.

Obviously you 'gift' the Microsoft Points you bought with illegitimate funds, in exchange for a clean cash or a legitimate Paypal payment.

What do think is going on with all the selling of phished Xbox Live accounts that are loaded with Microsoft points, bought with the associated credit card and stolen credit card info?

The people who are selling the stolen accounts are converting funds from the stolen credit cards into cleaner cash they can use. They're laundering money from stolen credit cards.

Allowing Microsoft Points to be gifted would cut out the need to sell entire accounts and make such laundering easier.

The theory isn't so lame if you pay attention to the topic you're commenting upon before you comment.
#18JanayBerryPosted 4/11/2013 7:32:50 PM
FedoraDExplora posted...
I have 10msp in my account I can't seem to get rid of...**** them for setting the points prices so that that measly 10msp will never go away...

I'd gift it to someone in a heart beat if I could just so I don't have to see them anymore.

I have 30 on my account since about 2010 (maybe 2011). No matter how many 800s, 1600s, or 4000s I add, I always end up with 30.

I still hope I can get an Indie Game with it, but sadly no. Lowest is 80 points lol... I'll even buy a Gamerpic just to get rid of it.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: KKA OMEGA Jim
Favorites (since 4/5/13): Gears of War 3, Hard Corps: Uprising, Ikaruga, Double Dragon Neon, Resident Evil 6, Black Ops 2.
#19NeVaRmoorePosted 4/11/2013 7:41:51 PM
JanayBerry posted...
FedoraDExplora posted...

I have 30 on my account since about 2010 (maybe 2011). No matter how many 800s, 1600s, or 4000s I add, I always end up with 30.

I still hope I can get an Indie Game with it, but sadly no. Lowest is 80 points lol... I'll even buy a Gamerpic just to get rid of it.

Get xbox rewards. 2 surveys and a birthday and you're up to 80.
#20Super CreaturesPosted 4/11/2013 8:00:29 PM
NeVaRmoore posted...
Get xbox rewards. 2 surveys and a birthday and you're up to 80.

Which won't be deposited until the 15th or 30 of the month, if you have at least 100 points pending.

1. You will not get them automatically.

2. you will not get them until you have at least 100 points pending

3. In case you missed it, like so many people do, you need at least 100 points pending for them to be deposited into your account.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.