This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your favorite game and would you like it to be made into a movie?

#1Cheyguy1211Posted 4/12/2013 6:10:35 PM
I know movies and games haven't had a great history together, and gems like Mortal Kombat (movie) and Spider-Man 2 (game) don't come often, but they can happen. How would you feel if your favorite game was announced for a movie.
My favorite game is Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc and I think, if done right, it could be an entertaining animated movie. Maybe even in 3-D.
#2CyricsServantPosted 4/12/2013 6:12:06 PM
Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

And hell no, I'd hate to see it made into a movie.
#3mrhappyguy12345Posted 4/12/2013 6:13:35 PM
If done right and tastefully the Shadow of the Colossus movie could be awesome. I think the movie actually has a decent screen writer and director too. *crosses fingers*
---
Farting in the garden with my peepee
#4Perfect LightPosted 4/12/2013 6:15:08 PM
Grand Theft Auto IV. I feel like there have plenty of GTA-style movies made (crime thrillers), I don't need to see that particular franchise turned into a film.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#5SunDevil77Posted 4/12/2013 6:15:10 PM
Halo. Make.it.happen.
Ridley Scott
Steve Downes for the Chiefs voice
Wesley Snipes for Johnson
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#6mastahjebusPosted 4/12/2013 6:15:45 PM
I have way too many favorites to count, but the vast majority of the games that I own would be TERRIBLE movies. You can't describe all of Mass Effect or all of Skyrim in a 2 hour period, and to make it a quadrilogy would just be money grubbing and almost pointless. A Halo movie would have been pretty cool when I was 14, but when I'm 22? No thanks.

Anyway, I have 3 potentially good ones:

Sleeping Dogs
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division (it's like an anime, with mecha and foot soldier FPS action! It also does not have an utterly ridiculous story.)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
---
"Your" = Possession | "You're" = You Are | "Their" = Possession | "They're" = They Are | "There" = Position
#7BrutalBrockenPosted 4/12/2013 6:18:21 PM
Final Fantasy 6 is my favorite game ever, and I'd hate to see it as a real live movie.
Maybe a CGI or anime would be bearable but probable still suck
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#8GGearXPosted 4/12/2013 6:18:47 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Halo. Make.it.happen.
Ridley Scott
Steve Downes for the Chiefs voice
Wesley Snipes for Johnson

I love you.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#9TheRobPosted 4/12/2013 6:24:54 PM
I can't really pin point a favorite. But Fallout 3/New Vegas are a few of my favorite games, I would love to see a movie set in the Fallout universe, but no necessarily copying the plot of those games.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#10Cheyguy1211(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 6:31:26 PM
I'd like a Halo movie, with the things SunDevil77 said. However, would they make their own story (in the universe of course,) start from Combar Evolved and do one movie per game, or try to fit more than one game into the movie. Hmmm

My second favorite game is Jet Set Radio Future, and I feel like that would not turn out well.....