This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Today is a perfect example of why always online will never work

#11oasisbeyondPosted 4/13/2013 12:44:53 PM
Always online means this... For the dumb people out there... It will download patches and all that other crap. You won't need always online or "Online" to play single player, geesh some people are so stupid.
#12Oldskool_RulezPosted 4/13/2013 12:48:06 PM
Perfect Light posted...
Think of how many more people would be upset if you couldn't even play SP while LIVE was down.

People who use Cloud Saves cannot load/play their games right now. I don't use it, but I can understand people who do use it being angry.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
#13OrgeLambartPosted 4/13/2013 12:49:12 PM
You won't be able to play your games for a few hours.... the horror.
#14PsychoDrama1Posted 4/13/2013 12:49:24 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
Always online means this... For the dumb people out there... It will download patches and all that other crap. You won't need always online or "Online" to play single player, geesh some people are so stupid.

Lol. I've been using the ignore feature A LOT lately. You have no idea how it will function and neither does anyone else.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#15Oldskool_RulezPosted 4/13/2013 12:51:30 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
You won't be able to play your games online for a few hours.... the horror.

Fixed.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
#16Corporate PsychoPosted 4/13/2013 12:52:08 PM
Even if this were true how many times has LIVE been down in the existence of the XBOX and the 360? Is it really that big of an issue?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
XBL GT: LordEmrich
#17Happy_RobotPosted 4/13/2013 12:52:44 PM
This is my first day off in eight days. I just wanted to relax and play some games. Xbox LIVE is down right now, but guess what? I'm still good! Think of how many more people would be upset if you couldn't even play SP while LIVE was down.

I replaced my broken xbox today, and I can't even recover my gamertag! I hope that always online thing does turn out to be a rumor, or I will be buying a PS4 next gen.
---
D:
#18OrgeLambartPosted 4/13/2013 12:55:07 PM
Oldskool_Rulez posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
You won't be able to play your games online for a few hours.... the horror.

Fixed.

sigh... no it wasn't fixed, this topic was talking about playing games on the nextbox which is supposed to require always online to work.

Which if you couldn't get online for a few hours you wouldn't be able to play your games. Hence why I posted what I posted.
#19SunDevil77Posted 4/13/2013 12:57:32 PM
Happy_Robot posted...
This is my first day off in eight days. I just wanted to relax and play some games. Xbox LIVE is down right now, but guess what? I'm still good! Think of how many more people would be upset if you couldn't even play SP while LIVE was down.

I replaced my broken xbox today, and I can't even recover my gamertag! I hope that always online thing does turn out to be a rumor, or I will be buying a PS4 next gen.

...are...are you kidding? How do you expect XBL or PSN, for that matter, to download a profile without a connection? (PS....PSN is down more than XBL)
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#20radiuslightPosted 4/13/2013 1:01:41 PM
I dare all of you to try downloading your profile again ......it will fix the problem!
hahahahahaha