This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why some people won't play single player even with no Xbox Live

#41Big_NabenduPosted 4/14/2013 8:37:48 PM
I play online and offline.
I rather not have the dates on them.Just to just make ya wonder.
---
Today, I will be reborn like the Empire, whose incarnation I have conceived and incubated. Today I will bring forth the Empire Reborn.
#42TheGam3925Posted 4/14/2013 9:15:38 PM
Lethalbutters posted...
Veliconis posted...
Veliconis posted...
I got modded for saying the PS3's constant synchronization issues are stupid (not the same word, but it starts with an r and ends with a d).

Holy crap. :|

If you honestly think it was the PS3 bashing that got you modded and not the choice of word, I don't know what to tell you, chief.

I said that I got modded for calling its issues the "r" word. I didn't think I could get modded for that considering I didn't aim it at anyone, but instead a device's feature. >_<

Oh well, whatever.

Since when is r(etard) a curse word or inappropriate? It means to hold back or slow down. Soon every word will be inappropriate and will have to resort to banging rocks together.

Now you're getting it. Each generation is becoming more p**** than the last. People will always find words and other things to be offended by. Sticks and stones? Yeah ******* right.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#43Super CreaturesPosted 4/15/2013 2:08:43 PM
Lethalbutters posted...
Since when is r(etard) a curse word or inappropriate?

When it is used as an offensive insult that is clearly outlined as being inappropriate.

Don't like the rules?

Nobody is forcing you to post here, there are many other sites for you to use if you don't like the rules here.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#44FredSavage27Posted 4/15/2013 2:41:56 PM(edited)
Lethalbutters posted...
Since when is [word beginning with the letter R] a curse word or inappropriate? It means to hold back or slow down. Soon every word will be inappropriate and will have to resort to banging rocks together.

The same reason you can call a homosexual "gay" in a completely neutral context, but you can't use it to insult a heterosexual. If you want to say something is stupid, there are better words you can use (for example, "stupid").
---
DISCLOSURE: My real name is not Fred Savage, nor do I remember why I call myself that.
#45StarskiRPosted 4/15/2013 2:41:49 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
time stamps proved you at-least earned them. Typically achievements without time stamps means they were just modded on and not actually earned.

Just imagine thinking this.

I have a ton of achievements that have no time stamp, because I don't care if they have it or not. I do think it is a pointless feature.

I would even be happier if achievement notifications could be hidden.
---
XBL GT: CoryStarkiller
#46LethalbuttersPosted 4/16/2013 4:34:26 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
Lethalbutters posted...
Since when is [word beginning with the letter R] a curse word or inappropriate? It means to hold back or slow down. Soon every word will be inappropriate and will have to resort to banging rocks together.

The same reason you can call a homosexual "gay" in a completely neutral context, but you can't use it to insult a heterosexual. If you want to say something is stupid, there are better words you can use (for example, "stupid").

But what about freedom of speech.
Also we use other words so similar it's useless, cursing and inappropriate words are a waste of time. Some examples of words people use that mean the same thing : Darn, butt, poop, freaken, crap, homo.
There is no use trying to find more appropriate words because of this. Everyone knows what you mean.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Apparently this doesn't apply to this generation.
---
It won't budge.
#47MertensCWPosted 4/16/2013 7:44:03 PM
Mine are all mixed up. Doesn't really matter to me.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#48Mutant1988Posted 4/16/2013 8:02:15 PM
Lethalbutters posted...

Being offensive is not a basic human right. You have the freedom to be, but you also have the freedom to take the consequences. This site has rules that you agreed to follow, they don't allow offensive language, so you will be penalized for it.

Also we use other words so similar it's useless, cursing and inappropriate words are a waste of time...
There is no use trying to find more appropriate words because of this.

Different word, different context, different meaning, different emphasis, different tone.

They all serve a purpose.

It's up to the user to recognize which is appropriate given the context and considering the tone they wish to convey.

But that requires some degree of respect, intelligence and effort, so it's understandable if not all people understand how to do that.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#49ssj5goku2005Posted 4/16/2013 8:16:37 PM
This is me...if I get disconnected and can't connect right back I'm usually playing Saints Row 3 (where I have every achievement) or Rock Band 3 (where the only achievements I have left to get require the pro instruments) so that I don't get achievements without the date stamp

Although I do have a few, and they don't really bother me...I just try to get the date stamps if I can
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#50Super CreaturesPosted 4/19/2013 11:05:29 PM
Lethalbutters posted...

Applies to the government not restricting it, not a private company that has a ToU you have to agree to that actually specifically states that you don't have the freedom of speech on their service.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.