This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Call of Duty ruined gaming.

#1Private_NoobPosted 4/14/2013 9:17:28 AM
Call of Duty ruined gaming. - Results (790 votes)
Confirm.
52.78% (417 votes)
Deny.
47.22% (373 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.
---
Arceus: "It's time to bring Humanity to JUSTICE!"
Haggard: "Oh yeah? Says YOU and what army?"
#2BlueJester007Posted 4/14/2013 9:19:33 AM
Meh.

I'd say gaming hitting the mainstream ruined it.
---
Mal: You want to run this ship?!
Jayne: Yes! Mal: Well. . . you can't.
#3Great_Pudding_3Posted 4/14/2013 9:20:42 AM
There's nothing wrong with Call of Duty.

Developers who try to emulate it in their games in order to try to sell more are ruining gaming.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#4OverburdenedPosted 4/14/2013 9:20:49 AM
Has and hasn't, it's partially ruined fps's these days.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#5nazacuckooPosted 4/14/2013 9:21:11 AM
It didn't "ruin" gaming, it just sort of......I dunno.....I guess I just dislike that everyone is now trying to copy CoD, but it certainly did not ruin gaming.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 4/14/2013 9:22:50 AM
Deny. There's nothing wrong with CoD, I wish I could enjoy it more, but it pulls a lot of the dumbasses out of circulation, and for that alone I like it.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7mrhappyguy12345Posted 4/14/2013 9:28:15 AM
Yup, bc cod sure stopped games like portal, fez, dayz, minecraft, bioshock, dark souls, skyrim, monster hunter, borderlands, ni no kuni, assassins creed, amnesia, Batman arkham series, sleeping dogs, terraria, braid, bastion, dust, journey, the walking dead, team fortress 2, and a s*** ton of other games from being made. Yup. It's killing the industry all right.
---
I love video games : )
#8SunDevil77Posted 4/14/2013 9:28:53 AM
That would require gaming to be "ruined"

I'm quite happy with the new spark of imagination that is indie gaming.

Not to mention we still get super unique games like XCOM quite regularly
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#9mrhappyguy12345Posted 4/14/2013 9:31:44 AM
nazacuckoo posted...
It didn't "ruin" gaming, it just sort of......I dunno.....I guess I just dislike that everyone is now trying to copy CoD, but it certainly did not ruin gaming.

Who is this "everyone" who's trying to copy it? Bf? It's been around for awhile. Moh? It's been around just as long. I never understand when people say that. There are maybe 3 or 4 major military shooters out there, and thousands of other games that are completely different. I bet you hated the nes/snes era when everyone was copying Mario by making platformers.
---
I love video games : )
#10Xando_SpacePosted 4/14/2013 9:39:24 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
nazacuckoo posted...

Who is this "everyone" who's trying to copy it? Bf? It's been around for awhile. Moh? It's been around just as long. I never understand when people say that. There are maybe 3 or 4 major military shooters out there, and thousands of other games that are completely different. I bet you hated the nes/snes era when everyone was copying Mario by making platformers.

True, its kind of hard to say anyone is copying another shoot, basically every game is gunna involve you walking around with a gun shooting other people while chucking grenades.
---
http://i.imgur.com/tt4wO.gif