This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console ONLY gamers: What is the BIGGEST ISSUE keeping you from PC gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Console ONLY gamers: What is the BIGGEST ISSUE keeping you from PC gaming?

User Info: HaloODSTD

HaloODSTD
3 years ago#1
Choose the issue that you feel is most important: - Results (2137 votes)
The price of prebuilt pcs/individual hardware/upgrading is too high
42.49% (908 votes)
Hardware compatibility issues
10.62% (227 votes)
Hackers/Modders ruining online multiplayer experiences
2.76% (59 votes)
I don't like the idea of playing games that require to be "always online"
3.93% (84 votes)
PC is too large, heavy, and combersome, lacks portability
2.2% (47 votes)
Most of my friends do not play on PC
8.84% (189 votes)
Lack of exclusive games that interest me/The games I want are all on console
20.5% (438 votes)
other (please specifiy in post)
8.66% (185 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Xbox 360 controllers, arcade sticks, driving wheels, and flight sticks work on both xbox260/PC and TVs can be hooked to your PC, so I didn't include those. I also didn't mention Mac because noone games on a Mac.

I only use my PC for RTS games (StarCraft, Total War, etc) because those games are near unplayable on consoles (Playing C&C Red Alert on PSone was torture), although I was pleased how well the Sims 3: Pets handled on the xbox 360 controller.
GT: Jessica Jung xo PSN: Rutgers Student
Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz I 256MB I Intel(R) 82845G Graphic Video I 64 MB Memory

User Info: CaseyJonez

CaseyJonez
3 years ago#2
"The price of prebuilt pcs/individual hardware/upgrading is too high"

sorta, I don't see a point in buying a new gaming pc when my laptop still runs fine. Plus I don't want to deal with OS, hard/software compatibility issues.
http://imgur.com/Zsdpjvv

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
3 years ago#3
I've never enjoyed pc gaming, don't like mouse and keyboards (I know you can use controllers and stuff).

To me a console is made for gaming so why bother buying a pc for gaming, besides better graphics and mods etc. I don't play games enough to let that bother me, my xbox is perfect for my life style.
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._

User Info: Motorexskygtr34

Motorexskygtr34
3 years ago#4
All of the above and PLUS dont like the idea of playing the games with the keyboard. Yes, there is a controller option but too many cons over pro for PC. Consoles are easier to hook up and play to go right away on TV or PC monitor depends on a person's preference. Im a console gamer all the way.
Proud to be a Deaf gamer since 1987 :-)
GT: MotorexGTR32

User Info: fireball2020

fireball2020
3 years ago#5
Cost of hardware. Not enough money leftover to buy/build a pc after bills.
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/teh%20real%20weasel.jpg
http://steamcard.com/do/original/tehrealweasel.png

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#6
Ill speak for why I game on consoles more, even though I have a damn powerful rig; friends. PC gaming isn't easy for people who aren't gamers, therefor I play PC exclusives, and everything else I usually get on 360.
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

User Info: sbarbermisier

sbarbermisier
3 years ago#7
Other. I don't want to spend $300 to upgrade my graphics card every 6 months.
"You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed"? - K.R.

User Info: HaloODSTD

HaloODSTD
3 years ago#8
Motorexskygtr34 posted...
All of the above and PLUS dont like the idea of playing the games with the keyboard. Yes, there is a controller option but too many cons over pro for PC. Consoles are easier to hook up and play to go right away on TV or PC monitor depends on a person's preference. Im a console gamer all the way.

Seeing how FPS games on the PC pretty much require to use a mouse if you want to not suck online deters me from playing FPS games online on PC: pulling a trigger on the xbox controller > clicking a mouse button.

SunDevil77 posted...
Ill speak for why I game on consoles more, even though I have a damn powerful rig; friends. PC gaming isn't easy for people who aren't gamers, therefor I play PC exclusives, and everything else I usually get on 360.

This is what I voted, maybe a fifth of my friends play on PC, and even still they play games I have no interest in

User Info: RedFive3

RedFive3
3 years ago#9
Other. I don't want to spend $300 to upgrade my graphics card every 6 months.

Lol, you don't have to upgrade your GPU every 6 months. I have a GTX 580 from 2 years ago and I can still max out every game.
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
3 years ago#10
DRM issues with issues with PC games in general.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Console ONLY gamers: What is the BIGGEST ISSUE keeping you from PC gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived