This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console ONLY gamers: What is the BIGGEST ISSUE keeping you from PC gaming?

#1HaloODSTDPosted 4/15/2013 12:20:11 PM
Choose the issue that you feel is most important: - Results (2137 votes)
The price of prebuilt pcs/individual hardware/upgrading is too high
42.49% (908 votes)
Hardware compatibility issues
10.62% (227 votes)
Hackers/Modders ruining online multiplayer experiences
2.76% (59 votes)
I don't like the idea of playing games that require to be "always online"
3.93% (84 votes)
PC is too large, heavy, and combersome, lacks portability
2.2% (47 votes)
Most of my friends do not play on PC
8.84% (189 votes)
Lack of exclusive games that interest me/The games I want are all on console
20.5% (438 votes)
other (please specifiy in post)
8.66% (185 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Xbox 360 controllers, arcade sticks, driving wheels, and flight sticks work on both xbox260/PC and TVs can be hooked to your PC, so I didn't include those. I also didn't mention Mac because noone games on a Mac.

I only use my PC for RTS games (StarCraft, Total War, etc) because those games are near unplayable on consoles (Playing C&C Red Alert on PSone was torture), although I was pleased how well the Sims 3: Pets handled on the xbox 360 controller.
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo PSN: Rutgers Student
Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz I 256MB I Intel(R) 82845G Graphic Video I 64 MB Memory
#2CaseyJonezPosted 4/15/2013 12:24:19 PM
"The price of prebuilt pcs/individual hardware/upgrading is too high"

sorta, I don't see a point in buying a new gaming pc when my laptop still runs fine. Plus I don't want to deal with OS, hard/software compatibility issues.
---
http://imgur.com/Zsdpjvv
#3OverburdenedPosted 4/15/2013 12:24:33 PM
I've never enjoyed pc gaming, don't like mouse and keyboards (I know you can use controllers and stuff).

To me a console is made for gaming so why bother buying a pc for gaming, besides better graphics and mods etc. I don't play games enough to let that bother me, my xbox is perfect for my life style.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#4Motorexskygtr34Posted 4/15/2013 12:25:14 PM
All of the above and PLUS dont like the idea of playing the games with the keyboard. Yes, there is a controller option but too many cons over pro for PC. Consoles are easier to hook up and play to go right away on TV or PC monitor depends on a person's preference. Im a console gamer all the way.
---
Proud to be a Deaf gamer since 1987 :-)
GT: MotorexGTR32
#5fireball2020Posted 4/15/2013 12:26:30 PM
Cost of hardware. Not enough money leftover to buy/build a pc after bills.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/teh%20real%20weasel.jpg
http://steamcard.com/do/original/tehrealweasel.png
#6SunDevil77Posted 4/15/2013 12:27:42 PM
Ill speak for why I game on consoles more, even though I have a damn powerful rig; friends. PC gaming isn't easy for people who aren't gamers, therefor I play PC exclusives, and everything else I usually get on 360.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#7sbarbermisierPosted 4/15/2013 12:28:13 PM
Other. I don't want to spend $300 to upgrade my graphics card every 6 months.
---
"You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed"? - K.R.
#8HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 12:31:15 PM(edited)
Motorexskygtr34 posted...
All of the above and PLUS dont like the idea of playing the games with the keyboard. Yes, there is a controller option but too many cons over pro for PC. Consoles are easier to hook up and play to go right away on TV or PC monitor depends on a person's preference. Im a console gamer all the way.

Seeing how FPS games on the PC pretty much require to use a mouse if you want to not suck online deters me from playing FPS games online on PC: pulling a trigger on the xbox controller > clicking a mouse button.

SunDevil77 posted...
Ill speak for why I game on consoles more, even though I have a damn powerful rig; friends. PC gaming isn't easy for people who aren't gamers, therefor I play PC exclusives, and everything else I usually get on 360.

This is what I voted, maybe a fifth of my friends play on PC, and even still they play games I have no interest in
#9RedFive3Posted 4/15/2013 12:30:04 PM
Other. I don't want to spend $300 to upgrade my graphics card every 6 months.

Lol, you don't have to upgrade your GPU every 6 months. I have a GTX 580 from 2 years ago and I can still max out every game.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#10FayeLadyPosted 4/15/2013 12:30:13 PM
DRM issues with issues with PC games in general.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.