This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console ONLY gamers: What is the BIGGEST ISSUE keeping you from PC gaming?

#381niels200683Posted 4/18/2013 4:50:01 PM
Geisn posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
Xbox 360 controllers, arcade sticks, driving wheels, and flight sticks work on both xbox260/PC and TVs can be hooked to your PC, so I didn't include those. I also didn't mention Mac because noone games on a Mac.

I only use my PC for RTS games (StarCraft, Total War, etc) because those games are near unplayable on consoles (Playing C&C Red Alert on PSone was torture), although I was pleased how well the Sims 3: Pets handled on the xbox 360 controller.

Why can't I check all options even though all options are true in my case? Anyway, RTS games are playable on consoles. Even Starcraft and C&C on N64 play absolutely fine and so does C&C Red Alert 3 on PS3. Oh, before you call me fanboy, troll, noob or whatever I also play Starcraft on my PC but for me it's a pain in the ass because playing on a PC is a bad joke for million reasons.

I really hope they start making more console RTS games. Especially with a system like the wii u using touchscreen controls.
---
I'm famous on Miiverse, you know.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#382godplaysSNESPosted 4/18/2013 5:19:22 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Dark_Spiret posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
The only games I have for it blow console games out of the water

ARMA 2
Crysis 1
Battlefield 3
not saying youre wrong, of course, but there are far more titles that take advantage of the system than those 3 that show off more than a higher resolution and frame rate.

Crysis 3

off the top my head.

it's the same EXACT game with higher res...that my friend is not acceptable when going against a 512mb RAM 8 y/o system...nor should it require a $700 Graphics card...

Good that it doesn't require a 700 dollars graphics card then. The PC version looks better even at the lowest settings
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#383CressetPosted 4/19/2013 12:56:25 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
$700 Graphics card

wtf am I reading?
---
Being able to change keyboard settings is the right of all sentient gamers. - spydey_fan
#384Snuckie7Posted 4/21/2013 8:27:36 PM
Lmao @ all the silly console peasants ITT.

Go back to playing your console toys.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLi K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#385Ragdoll47Posted 4/21/2013 8:52:22 PM
There are so many misconceptions and exaggerations against PCs in this thread, I'm not even gonna bother to explain how they're all wrong. Console players just can't be taught, they have no ability to educate themselves on PC gaming.
#386uthoria205Posted 4/21/2013 9:00:32 PM
CrimsonStryke28 posted...
There should be "All of them" option, anyways it cost $2,000 to buy a gaming computer and PC has no games, crappy exclusive and hackers/modders to ruin online games and always online/limit activation on games.
#387P00DGEPosted 4/21/2013 9:15:02 PM
uthoria205 posted...
There should be "All of them" option, anyways it cost $2,000 to buy a gaming computer and PC has no games, crappy exclusive and hackers/modders to ruin online games and always online/limit activation on games.

Quoting a stupid post makes you look stupid too. Just a little FYI.
#388AlphrinPosted 4/21/2013 9:27:26 PM
I bought an Xbox 360 for under 250 dollars (180 for the system and 40 for a harddrive), and now I have access to the entire system library with absolutely no worries about what will run and what won't. I didn't have to put it together, I didn't have to click on things with a mouse or search through files in my operating system. I didn't have to buy a controller, I didn't have to buy any cables to hook it up to my TV, I didn't have to worry about settings or any of that stuff. It was cheap and simple.

But MOST important are the exclusives that aren't on PC, which are more to my taste than PC exclusives...games like Fable 2, Kameo, Red Dead Redemption, Banjo-Kazooie, Bayonetta, etc. beat out the RTS, MMORPG, and Shooting games the PC tends to offer.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#389P00DGEPosted 4/21/2013 11:50:35 PM
Alphrin posted...

But MOST important are the exclusives that aren't on PC, which are more to my taste than PC exclusives...games like Fable 2, Kameo, Red Dead Redemption, Banjo-Kazooie, Bayonetta, etc. beat out the RTS, MMORPG, and Shooting games the PC tends to offer.

Alphrin posted...

...games like Fable 2, Kameo, Red Dead Redemption, Banjo-Kazooie, Bayonetta, etc. beat out the RTS, MMORPG, and Shooting games the PC tends to offer.

Alphrin posted...

Banjo-Kazooie

Oh god... but there hasn't been a good Banjo Kazooie game since the N64...
#390CressetPosted 4/22/2013 1:12:54 AM
uthoria205 posted...

PC has no games

what is this

I can't
---
Being able to change keyboard settings is the right of all sentient gamers. - spydey_fan