This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console ONLY gamers: What is the BIGGEST ISSUE keeping you from PC gaming?

#401P00DGEPosted 4/22/2013 1:53:52 PM
Oh, and here are articles to mull over.

Article on PC gaming growth for 2011
http://www.alienwarearena.com/articles/view/as-console-sales-decline-growing-pc-games-are-growing/

Article on PC growth in 2012
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2013/03/28/pc_gaming_sees_another_year_of_strong_growth

PC gaming has been going strong for years, and is actually GROWING, rather than declining.
#402SunDevil77Posted 4/22/2013 2:03:52 PM
PC
pC
Pc
PC
...gotta...have...pCCCc
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#403NeoGeoXSegaPosted 4/22/2013 2:48:44 PM(edited)
CrimsonStryke28 posted...
They are nowhere near a decline.

Yeah, they are.

Keep telling yourself that when PC game sales continue to increase, and Steam becomes even more of a giant than it already was. Keep telling yourself that when almost all of the top played games in the world are on the PC. For 15 years, people like you have herpderped similar ideas, saying PC gaming is "dead" or "dying". And yet here it still stands, with strong sales and a huge playerbase, that continues to grow at a steady rate. PC gaming isn't going anywhere. But the fact that you would go to all this trouble to talk about things you don't understand, you must feel quite threatened.

LOL the ONLY reasons PC gaming isn't dead is because the 360 was so popular & instead of the regular 4 year console lifespan, they extended it to a 8+ years lifespan with no new nextgen console release (even PS2 & NES didn't last that long before announcing their successors) .
This caused mid range PC graphic cards to catch up with the 360 & eventually give standard graphical advantages when the 360 was only half way through it's run.

Despite this, the only worthwhile new IP exclusive PC games during those years were Crysis & Witcher & both of them were ported to consoles.
The rest of the PC exclusives were games that the usual suspects that were never popular on consoles anyway, like Rougelike, RTS & MMOs games.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#404CrimsonStryke28Posted 4/22/2013 3:13:06 PM
Keep telling yourself that when PC game sales continue to increase

LOL! Yeah, you keep telling yourself that when PC gaming does die according to the article indicating that PC sales have been on a decline, that does actually affect PC gaming in some ways, for the worse that is. So enjoy your dying platform while it last because you won't have any choice but to switch to consoles to continue gaming or be stuck with a bunch of old games for awhile.
#405TheFeshPincePosted 4/22/2013 3:15:03 PM
Neither PC gaming nor console gaming is going to "die" anytime soon.
#406Great_Pudding_3Posted 4/22/2013 3:45:33 PM
I don't like Steam's monopoly.

If it was like the old days where games installed to your HDD and can be played offline from install to deletion, I'd play all non-console exclusives on PC.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#407P00DGEPosted 4/22/2013 3:59:52 PM
CrimsonStryke28 posted...
Keep telling yourself that when PC game sales continue to increase

LOL! Yeah, you keep telling yourself that when PC gaming does die according to the article indicating that PC sales have been on a decline, that does actually affect PC gaming in some ways, for the worse that is. So enjoy your dying platform while it last because you won't have any choice but to switch to consoles to continue gaming or be stuck with a bunch of old games for awhile.

Spoken like someone who has no idea what they are talking about ;)
#408P00DGEPosted 4/22/2013 4:01:05 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
Neither PC gaming nor console gaming is going to "die" anytime soon.

Precisely
#409CrimsonStryke28Posted 4/22/2013 4:03:13 PM
Spoken like someone who has no idea what they are talking about ;)

You're right, you really don't..glad we agree on that :)
#410cymanxPosted 4/22/2013 4:18:50 PM
What is keeping me from bothering with a PC? Do you have a few hours?

1. I do not feel that I should have to buy accessories that I may barely ever use. Frankly speaking, I play PC games now, and there are few (if any) situations in which a gamepad is required. That is money that I could be spending on myself, instead of making other people's lives easier. I realize that this sounds shallow, but I would be the one spending money that I deem invaluable, not someone else.

2. Modding, I don't care to do it that often, and when I do there are those rare circumstances (such as Torchlight 2 or Fallout : New Vegas). Seriously, why the heck should I spend over five hundred dollars to do something that I won't do that often in the first place?

3. Video Games that I love to play are infact on the consoles that I own. I have absolutely NO problem buying the same game multiple times to play them on multiple consoles, because I love those games.
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?