This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console ONLY gamers: What is the BIGGEST ISSUE keeping you from PC gaming?

#441AlphrinPosted 4/23/2013 5:44:41 PM
P00DGE posted...

I never liked driving games to begin with.

Then your opinion on the game means virtually nothing, because you don't even like the genre.

But the thing is you missed my point. I don't like the genres that are dominant on PC. Look at the games in the top ten on this page:

http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/7th-generation-exclusives/awards-honourable-mentions-dubious-honours/

Space Rangers 2? Supreme Commander? Natural Selection 2? Those games couldn't possibly be LESS appealing to me. Give me Mario Galaxy or Okami any day of the week.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#442P00DGEPosted 4/23/2013 6:03:31 PM(edited)
Alphrin posted...
P00DGE posted...

I never liked driving games to begin with.

Then your opinion on the game means virtually nothing, because you don't even like the genre.

But the thing is you missed my point. I don't like the genres that are dominant on PC. Look at the games in the top ten on this page:

http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/7th-generation-exclusives/awards-honourable-mentions-dubious-honours/

Space Rangers 2? Supreme Commander? Natural Selection 2? Those games couldn't possibly be LESS appealing to me. Give me Mario Galaxy or Okami any day of the week.

I didn't discuss the rest of your post because I have nothing to say. I am not trying to convert anyone to PC gaming, and not liking the exclusive games on the PC is a perfectly valid reason (unlike most of the reasons in this topic) to not want to get into it.

I just brought up the point of Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts because I noticed it... and being my least favorite game of all time, I felt compelled to say something.

As far as this post goes... even as a PC gamer who loves PC exclusives... I have not even heard of those games. If you are gauging your idea of what PC gaming is, and what PC exclusives are... going off whatever list or source you used is probably not the best idea. The PC has many obscure titles that have cult followings, but it also has good exclusives that are well known.

Oh, and small side note, I could not stand Mario Galaxy either. I enjoyed it more than BK:N&B, but I still didn't like it very much. As it stands, it is probably my least favorite Mario game ever, and the Mario series was never really that "appealing" to me to begin with. While it has good titles, it was always outclassed by similar games for my tastes (Donkey Kong Country > Super Mario World, Banjo Kazooie > Super Mario 64)

Also, my opinion does matter. I don't dislike the game JUST because it is vehicle based. I have plenty of other reasons too, some of which I mentioned. And some racing/driving games actually transcend beyond my general dislike for vehicles in games. Diddy Kong Racing, for example, was exemplary. I loved it, and everything about it. Mario Kart can SOMETIMES be fun for me, but gets boring quick, mostly for the same reason most driving based game bore me... oh hey, this is a good time to add another to that list (Diddy Kong Racing > Mario Kart).

Coincidentally, it appears that (old) Rare > Nintendo, for me.
#443teehee23Posted 4/23/2013 6:02:09 PM
Answering the topic= women. They think pc gaming is for nerds.

***** tastes better than playing games on pc.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#444P00DGEPosted 4/23/2013 6:11:15 PM
teehee23 posted...

It was hard to judge exactly what you were trying to say here... but if I am correct... you are saying women think PC gaming is for nerds?

If this is indeed what you are saying (correct me if I am wrong, and forgive me as well)...

...then this was spoken like a true virgin. As someone who was very successful with women before getting engaged, all I can say is that gaming is gaming to a female. To them, a video game on the xbox is the same on a PC. Most are not game savvy enough to distinguish why either is different. Believe me, if you game on a console, it looks the exact same to them as it would if you gamed on a PC.

Some women think playing games at all is weird and nerdy. It doesn't matter to them what you play it on. A majority just don't care about their men gaming at all. Almost all of the girls I was ever with didn't give a damn about my games, or what I played them on. Most didn't even really know the difference between various consoles, or playing on a PC. It was just "games" to them.
#445teehee23Posted 4/23/2013 6:55:50 PM
P00DGE posted...
teehee23 posted...

It was hard to judge exactly what you were trying to say here... but if I am correct... you are saying women think PC gaming is for nerds?

If this is indeed what you are saying (correct me if I am wrong, and forgive me as well)...

...then this was spoken like a true virgin. As someone who was very successful with women before getting engaged, all I can say is that gaming is gaming to a female. To them, a video game on the xbox is the same on a PC. Most are not game savvy enough to distinguish why either is different. Believe me, if you game on a console, it looks the exact same to them as it would if you gamed on a PC.

Some women think playing games at all is weird and nerdy. It doesn't matter to them what you play it on. A majority just don't care about their men gaming at all. Almost all of the girls I was ever with didn't give a damn about my games, or what I played them on. Most didn't even really know the difference between various consoles, or playing on a PC. It was just "games" to them.

I wasn't talking about the ugly ones.

You're welcome.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#446P00DGEPosted 4/23/2013 7:28:14 PM
teehee23 posted...
P00DGE posted...
teehee23 posted...

I wasn't talking about the ugly ones.

You're welcome.

Neither was I
#447AsucaHayashiPosted 4/24/2013 2:28:35 PM
If these console peasants actually had money they would buy a gaming rig..
No doubt what so ever.

this is also completely wrong.

they actually have thousands of $ at their(or their parents') disposal and what console marketing companies are counting on is their sheer willingness to easily put out.

i always find it sad(but a bit funny too) when i see a "how much have you spent in a month/year/in total" topic on any console board and see several hundred or thousand being spent but nearly always with a pitiful amount of games to show for their money.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#448moondog84Posted 4/24/2013 2:34:57 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
If these console peasants actually had money they would buy a gaming rig..
No doubt what so ever.

this is also completely wrong.

they actually have thousands of $ at their(or their parents') disposal and what console marketing companies are counting on is their sheer willingness to easily put out.

i always find it sad(but a bit funny too) when i see a "how much have you spent in a month/year/in total" topic on any console board and see several hundred or thousand being spent but nearly always with a pitiful amount of games to show for their money.

lmao@ this guy!
---
Spaceballs the Signature