This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Arkham City GOTY or Arkham Asylum GOTY

#1LonnyJohnsonPosted 4/15/2013 4:26:58 PM
Which offers more replay and is a better game overall? These are both 20 at GS. Thanks.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#2HeLeehamPosted 4/15/2013 4:28:52 PM
If you haven't played either get Asylum. This shouldn't even be a question.

If you have played both then you shouldn't need to ask.

If you've only played one, get the other.
#3metroidman92Posted 4/15/2013 4:30:30 PM(edited)
I'd say City just because more actually comes with the GOTY than with Asylum (looking at a content-for-money perspective). Asylum only had one or two DLC maps, but City had a lot of DLC. Only really played through both once a piece, but they share the same good core gameplay. City is more free-roam than Asylum, but I tend to think Asylum had a better story overall.

If you can afford both, I'd just get both and play in order. Unless you're really on a tight gaming budget.
---
Tell me Chakas, if this was your choice, after all we have seen and survived... would you fire the rings?
[silence]
#4SheepinatorPosted 4/15/2013 4:29:58 PM
City. Asylum is a great game, but City is better in every way. The gameplay is at least as good, the world is bigger, there's more to do. There is also more replay value in that you can simply continue playing in the city, plus there are more stand-alone challenges which will keep you busy for dozens of hours if you go for them all.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#5SunDevil77Posted 4/15/2013 4:31:59 PM
Well, you should get both if you can.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#6LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 4:33:06 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Well, you should get both if you can.

I will get City first because I like the multiple characters and I'll get Asylum when I get paid this week. Thanks!
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#7SunDevil77Posted 4/15/2013 4:57:42 PM
No probs. They are some of the most well made gamin this gen.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#8ZAKDUDEPosted 4/15/2013 5:07:16 PM
Play them in order. If you play Asylum after Arkham City, you'll miss some of the new features that were added in Arkham City.
#9flame030191Posted 4/15/2013 5:08:54 PM
Asylum was better.

Story was intense, it had a sense of danger, and immersed better than City.

Not to mention it did the best any game this gen has done to give the player a heart attack
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#10MaDHatPosted 4/15/2013 5:19:06 PM
Asylum. It was a better, more focused story. City has you gliding all over the city just to go to the next section of the game. It kind of got redundant after a while.